What's new

Walmart Dropping VDH Shaving Soap

Kroger carries it. I only have on puck I keep in my dop bag for if I travel.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Kroger carries it. I only have on puck I keep in my dop bag for if I travel.

Well, I take that back. My local Kruger does not seem to carry the VDH soap any more either. They do carry the VDH safety razor and the VDH blades. The Blades were $3.99 for a 5 pack! That's almost as bad a mark up as cartridges! I just bought 50 feather hi-stainless for $11 on Amazon!

I just got my Walgreen's online VDH Deluxe soap order. After my first use I now know why this soap is so beloved. It is a scent free mild soap that just works. It will displace several marginal scented soaps. At @ $2.49 a puck it is the deal of a lifetime. less is more!

I just got my Walgreen's online VDH Deluxe soap order. After my first use I now know why this soap is so beloved. It is a scent free mild soap that just works. It will displace several marginal scented soaps. At @ $2.49 a puck it is the deal of a lifetime. less is more!
Scent free? What are you talking about?
The scent is one of the best things about VDH Deluxe. The scent is somewhat weak, to be sure, but it is there, and is reminiscent of the classic cologne Grey Flannel.

It's Gillette purchasing shelve space.
I think this is the big issue. Gillette buys shelf space—it’s pretty anticompetitive and anti consumer and I don’t understand why it’s legal. I’ve noticed at my local Target that Barbasol is gone and Gillette Foamy replaced it. They’ve done the same to get rid of VDH and Wilkinson Sword blades.

I checked the Van der Hagen web site and the only shave soap they sell is the Luxury in scented and unscented. Looks like they dropped their glycerin and Deluxe soaps.

I checked the Van der Hagen web site and the only shave soap they sell is the Luxury in scented and unscented. Looks like they dropped their glycerin and Deluxe soaps.

Seems like theyre pushing the shave butter now. You see that everywhere. Ive never seen the pucks out in the wild

Seems like theyre pushing the shave butter now. You see that everywhere. Ive never seen the pucks out in the wild
I liked dexule I found it to be a nice scent also protective and slick easy to lather soap never really cared for the luxury soap it seem to break out my face to bad they dropped it couldn't find it any more locally

I think this is the big issue. Gillette buys shelf space—it’s pretty anticompetitive and anti consumer and I don’t understand why it’s legal. I’ve noticed at my local Target that Barbasol is gone and Gillette Foamy replaced it. They’ve done the same to get rid of VDH and Wilkinson Sword blades.
Yes, this is my understanding also. This will draw fire.

A couple weeks ago I read a similar post and thought "Conspiracy theorist..." Then I noticed that a certain shave product icon--Mennen Afta After Shave Skin Conditioner--was missing off of Walmart's shelves. After a couple of days of looking, I couldn't find it in any of the major chains. What was there plenty of? Gillette's After Shave gel.

What's next? Skin Bracer? Aqua Velva? Nivea?

Top Bottom