What's new

Buying Straights To Justify All the Stones You Already Bought

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've figured out that you have to keep buying more straights in order to justify buying all the stones you already bought. Otherwise the stones just don't get enough use and your honing skills do not develop properly.

Parker.Eagle.Japan.SR.1-14-19.640.JPG

That's why I bought this Japanese razor. No other reason.

BOSC.2.FullyLogicalByBOSCStandards.jpg

I'm sure you agree.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Another reason I got the coticule and Thuringian is they can be used for touching up the edge. Plus, they are fun to use....Zen experience I guess. As a bevel sitter the 30 micron film is all I need. So, for me two stones are quite sufficient.

While eminently logical, I think I may have pegged the flaw I this line of reasoning...

It is all predicated on the assumptions that you need a reason to buy a beauty like that, or a justification for the stones... needing neither, you can feel free to just enjoy the AD!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
While eminently logical, I think I may have pegged the flaw I this line of reasoning...

It is all predicated on the assumptions that you need a reason to buy a beauty like that, or a justification for the stones... needing neither, you can feel free to just enjoy the AD!

How true.

You will reach a point when you check your razors and one has gassed out scales or developed devil spit on the spine .....an awakening will happen. Wow in reality I only need one or two to last me a lifetime. Then you'l see some SOTD with a nice worked spine David Thiers and you'll be back off the wagon again.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've figured out that you have to keep buying more straights in order to justify buying all the stones you already bought. Otherwise the stones just don't get enough use and your honing skills do not develop properly.

View attachment 943752

That's why I bought this Japanese razor. No other reason.

View attachment 943753

I'm sure you agree.

Happy shaves,

Jim
You can go to hell for lying just as quick as for stealing. Mind your soul son.

Top Bottom