What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Thursday's Shave
'Lime Twist'
DSCN1761.JPG

Shaved with another eBay find from Sheffield. A Wostenholm & Son wedge, this is the 4th razor I've now honed. Being a wedge it was definitely trickier but I was able to figure it out. I knew the bevel was going to be big and ugly because I refused to use tape but I am fine with that considering what I paid.

proxy.php

Todays shave was from one of my favorite razors....this Joseph Rodgers & Sons. This razor came to me in pretty tough shape but it was superbly restored, rescaled (original shape) and expertly honed by Doc226.
20190104_083559.jpg

Shaved with another eBay find from Sheffield. A Wostenholm & Son wedge, this is the 4th razor I've now honed. Being a wedge it was definitely trickier but I was able to figure it out. I knew the bevel was going to be big and ugly because I refused to use tape but I am fine with that considering what I paid.

proxy.php

Very nice razor but you do need 1 or 2 layers of tape on a wedge, as that helps set the bevel and protect the etching. The only time you dont need tape is on a hollow grind as the splne and edge wear even...

Wostenholm & Son razors are fantastic I have not come across a bad one yet, not saying that I wont …..

Top Bottom