What's new

Tabac Addiction

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Until about three months ago, I detested the scent of Tabac. I seem to recall being inspired or goaded into buying the soap by @Polarbeard - a most respected bear. At the time I didn’t know what I was getting into but before long I found myself buying Tabac aftershave then it was Tabac cologne then I fell into that Tabactober thing and now I can’t stop. I even find myself using Williams less frequently and have a difficult time using other soaps. I must admit I’ve never been a real soap guy but I did have a half dozen or so. If I don’t use Tabac two or three times a week, I get tremors and have a difficult time sleeping. I even put some Tabac cologne on before I go to bed now. I need help. I want everyone to stop buying it because I have developed this paranoia that they may run out.

AHAHAHAHAH, yes Steve! I'm in the same boat as you.... Though sometimes I decide to venture outside Grandma's purse and try different things, like say MDC. I do love Tabac and have given it to my father, brother, and uncle for Christmas this year..... I'll attend the Tabac Users Anonymous group meetings with you if you need support :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It is a known FACT that if you splash a handful of Tabac EdC down the front of your shirt, *nothing* can stand in your way ... the world and everything in it belong to you, the victor and owner of all that is and ever will be.

In other words, it inspires confidence.

Also, the soap is really good.

AA

AHAHAHAHAH, yes Steve! I'm in the same boat as you.... Though sometimes I decide to venture outside Grandma's purse and try different things, like say MDC. I do love Tabac and have given it to my father, brother, and uncle for Christmas this year..... I'll attend the Tabac Users Anonymous group meetings with you if you need support :)

I would also stand with you guys, but that kinda sounds like a group for quitters :001_302:

Until about three months ago, I detested the scent of Tabac. I seem to recall being inspired or goaded into buying the soap by @Polarbeard - a most respected bear. At the time I didn’t know what I was getting into but before long I found myself buying Tabac aftershave then it was Tabac cologne then I fell into that Tabactober thing and now I can’t stop. I even find myself using Williams less frequently and have a difficult time using other soaps. I must admit I’ve never been a real soap guy but I did have a half dozen or so. If I don’t use Tabac two or three times a week, I get tremors and have a difficult time sleeping. I even put some Tabac cologne on before I go to bed now. I need help. I want everyone to stop buying it because I have developed this paranoia that they may run out.
You're in really deep Steve, what can I say... Oh yes: Congratulations you're life has found a new meaning.:001_smile

MdC is really good, Tabac is better. Of all the soaps in my den (and they are many) there are very few that I find to nearly as good as Tabac: Saponificio Varesino, Klar Seifen, Haslinger and Mitchell's Wool Fat (when I get it right). The best of them being Haslinger, that I actually find to be as good as Tabac, but without the enchanting scent.

Oh I nearly forgot: Don't try to drink it, and don't ask me how I know that.

My Tabac puck just came in. I'm going to finish off my samples of Stirling Soap Christmas Eve and their Frankincense and Myrrh before I open the Tabac up. If it is really that addicting I do believe I will be in trouble.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
My Tabac puck just came in. I'm going to finish off my samples of Stirling Soap Christmas Eve and their Frankincense and Myrrh before I open the Tabac up. If it is really that addicting I do believe I will be in trouble.
You shouldn’t need to ‘open it’ to get a full appreciation for the scent. The scent usually penetrates through all packaging. Marvelous, wonderful stuff!

You shouldn’t need to ‘open it’ to get a full appreciation for the scent. The scent usually penetrates through all packaging. Marvelous, wonderful stuff!
Oh, I smelled it. My friend smelled it. We were both smiling. However, I'm finishing my two samplers before I try this one. Why? Christmas and New Years, that's why. LOL. Seriously, I can't wait to try it, but I'm a little worried I'll have too many soaps open at the same time.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Oh, I smelled it. My friend smelled it. We were both smiling. However, I'm finishing my two samplers before I try this one. Why? Christmas and New Years, that's why. LOL. Seriously, I can't wait to try it, but I'm a little worried I'll have too many soaps open at the same time.
Your other soaps may become the “too many”.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Don't forget the cream!

full

M

member 119848

I have been using "Tabac Original" products for the past two years including the aftershave splash and balm, the cologne, and the deo stick!
I keep sticking to Tabac.
Recently I just discovered "Irisch Moos", a line of products from the same company that makes Tabac. Unfortunately they don´t make Irish Moos shaving soap anymore, but after a shave with Tabac, followed with an Irisch Moos aftershave is very refreshing.

I just bought my first tabac shave stick, and was a bit hesitant because of what I read about the scent.
So far, I am really enjoying the performance and the scent. Even the wife loves the scent.

It is a known FACT that if you splash a handful of Tabac EdC down the front of your shirt, *nothing* can stand in your way ... the world and everything in it belong to you, the victor and owner of all that is and ever will be.

In other words, it inspires confidence.

Also, the soap is really good.

AA

Takes a tough guy to go ‘all in’ Tabac!! :a29::a29:

Top Bottom