What's new

Old Man Rant

proxy.php

At some point, they must know that everybody else hates them, and they don't care. Towtruck please!!

proxy.php

But this ... I do kind of like.

About thirty years ago, there was a gent at a certain company who parked his car as above, so that no one would ding the doors. His car was small, which made it easy for coworkers to pick up and set cross-ways between two vehicles.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
About thirty years ago, there was a gent at a certain company who parked his car as above, so that no one would ding the doors. His car was small, which made it easy for coworkers to pick up and set cross-ways between two vehicles.

What always gets me about that is how a person like that does not respect the parking space lines but expects that everyone else will. Add to the situation that the originally aberrant driver also tends to be the sort of person that gets exceptionally upset when someone does not follow his rules, and one's duty becomes fairly clear. The rest of the episode just writes itself.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom

If I win the lotto I'm going to invest in some demolition derby cars I can park a bit too close to the sides of such ill parked cars. (We can all dream can't we?)

If I win the lotto I'm going to invest in some demolition derby cars I can park a bit too close to the sides of such ill parked cars. (We can all dream can't we?)
I used to do that - park right next to the idiot who took two spaces. Then one day I came out of the store, saw that he had gone, and then I was the idiot taking up two spaces.

I grew up genuflecting, so I just checked.... St. Otto is considered by some to be the Patron Saint of Parking.

Praying for his help may assist you in finding a parking space. :)

I could find no record of St. Otto weighing in on those who take up a space and a half. Not yet, anyway.

BTW, I could not find more info, but one can buy a St. Otto Patron Saint of Parking car air freshener online.

Last edited:
The day is still young. So far the landline has rung four times. One was a scam to obtain a credit card number and one was a political "survey" and the other two were robocalls from candidates for office. Oy.

The day is still young. So far the landline has rung four times. One was a scam to obtain a credit card number and one was a political "survey" and the other two were robocalls from candidates for office. Oy.

Precisely why I no longer have a landline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From that site...

If I register my number, will ALL unwanted calls stop?
No, the Do Not Call Registry prohibits sales calls. You still may receive political calls, charitable calls, debt collection calls, informational calls, and telephone survey calls.

In addition, companies may still call if you’ve recently done business with the company, or if you’ve given the company written permission to call you. However, if you ask a company not to call you again, it must honor your request. Record the date of your request.

dave

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I have. Scammers don't care.

I've done it on the Canadian site and it worked, for a while.

From that site...

If I register my number, will ALL unwanted calls stop?
No, the Do Not Call Registry prohibits sales calls. You still may receive political calls, charitable calls, debt collection calls, informational calls, and telephone survey calls.

In addition, companies may still call if you’ve recently done business with the company, or if you’ve given the company written permission to call you. However, if you ask a company not to call you again, it must honor your request. Record the date of your request.

The Canadian one. As I said, it works for a while.

Canada's National Do Not Call List

Funny. I have Caller ID so I can see the name and number of the caller if its not blocked. My phone rings one day and I checked the caller ID. How surprised was I when I saw my own name and number lol.

I called Rogers, my provider, and let them know. They said theres nothing that can be done about the spoofers used to do that.

Maybe if all the companies we do business with didnt sell our information we'd get far less.

I had a letter in the mail last week notifying me that the insurance company I had an auto policy with 30 years ago has been sold and is under a new name. They wanted me to read, sign and date two additional letters that would grant them, and the named broker in the letter, the authority to sell or give my personal information to any company or business within or outside of Canada. Of course that was buried on the last page and was the second paragraph in the third subsection.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I grew up genuflecting, so I just checked.... St. Otto is considered by some to be the Patron Saint of Parking.

Praying for his help may assist you in finding a parking space. :)

I could find no record of St. Otto weighing in on those who take up a space and a half. Not yet, anyway.

BTW, I could not find more info, but one can buy a St. Otto Patron Saint of Parking car air freshener online.
Nothing says saint like the smell of cheap pine air fresheners. :)

Funny. I have Caller ID so I can see the name and number of the caller if its not blocked. My phone rings one day and I checked the caller ID. How surprised was I when I saw my own name and number lol.

I called Rogers, my provider, and let them know. They said theres nothing that can be done about the spoofers used to do that.

I regularly have emails in my Junk folder that when i try to block the email address of the sender, the sender address is mine.

dave

Top Bottom