What's new

Wedding Day Shave

I’m getting married this Saturday to the love of my life & best friend. After being married almost 30 years the first time, I didn’t think it was possible to find my soulmate, well I have!

It’s amazing what runs through my mind leading up to the wedding day, but I’ve been thinking about what gear I will use Saturday morning before my wedding. Here’s what I’ve decided on:
Razor: Aristocrat Junior
Blade: GSB
Brush: Rudy Vey 22mm TGN 2 band
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Post shave: alum, Thayers witch hazel with menthol, Pinaud Clubman

Feel free to share what your wedding day shave kit was. Have a great day!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Congratulations!

I think my wedding day shave was a Sensor Excel and Edge with aloe. The marriage got much better from there.

Congratulations to you and your Bride!

I'm pretty sure my wedding day shave was a Sensor Excel and Barbasol shaving cream.

Congrats!

It's been almost 20 years ago, but here's what I think I used. Razor would have been a Bic disposable, or possibly a store branded clone. I would have been a can of Barbasol, most likely original. I probably finished with a splash of Stetson.

Congratulations, and what a damn fine setup for such a special day! Best wishes to the both of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats on your wedding mate..

as for my wedding day shave, it would of been a disposable bic with a can of gillette gel

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Enjoy the day and enjoy the shave. I have never been married so I cannot tell you what I used on the day as it has not happened yet.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
For your wedding day, I would choose between

A) Shaving with a new Feather in a slant using questionable techniques, odd angles, lots of pressure, unfamiliar products, and anything else you can think of so that your will show up with half a roll of toilet paper sticking to your face, or
B) Taking it nice and easy

Good luck!

Congratulations to you and yours, brother Shaver. I wish you a long and happy marriage.

I married my first and only wife at age 27. By coincidence today is our 54th wedding anniversary!

What did I shave with? That's a good question. I'm guessing . . . I'm guessing a 1961 Gillette Tech, chrome colored, with a thin ball handle. Probably Williams shaving soap applied with a badger brush. And maybe Old Spice or Williams Aqua Velva after shave.

My wedding day shave was 25 years ago this past February. I would have used my 1980 Brazilian Gillette Tech with plastic handle, and most likely Edge gel. No aftershave.

Congratulations to you and yours, brother Shaver. I wish you a long and happy marriage.

I married my first and only wife at age 27. By coincidence today is our 54th wedding anniversary!

What did I shave with? That's a good question. I'm guessing . . . I'm guessing a 1961 Gillette Tech, chrome colored, with a thin ball handle. Probably Williams shaving soap applied with a badger brush. And maybe Old Spice or Williams Aqua Velva after shave.

Thank you for the well wishes. And congratulations to you as well my friend, happy anniversary!

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Mine would have been a Gillette Fusion with Edge gel. The last wedding I was a part of was my Rockwell 6S on plate 4 w/ Astra green, TOBS grapefruit, Semogue 830, Dickinsons W/H, Fine Snakebite A/S, Aqua Di Gio Balm, and Aqua Di Gio EDT. My, how far I've come.

Top Bottom