What's new

GLP Stonehenge Flake is coming back

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Possible, but I think it's more likely that some people just have different receptors. While you or I might find something to be particularly mild, the same thing might strike others as overpowering. It's the classic YMMV. I mean...some guys enjoy smoking Grousemoor, for crying out loud. :a30:

Or P&C still just can't be bothered with pipe smokers. Maybe their vaunted new software screwed up again.:sneaky2:

That's true, Lakelands don't bother me, while the smell of Tabac sickens me to no end. So just a faint Lakeland taste would likely barely register, but a whiff of Tabac...whew!

I like the occasional bowl of Grousemoor, like Tabac, and the Veg. I also think that the Turkish Stink Bomb, I mean Arko, is an affront to humanity in general :lol:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
So it's been about a month since I jarred my tin of Stonehenge. Rubbed out a Flake and shmoked it in a small bore Peterson.

Very little Lakeland, if any, and it seems to taste sweeter, smokes cooler and drier.

Now the question. Since I opened up my jar, does it start at zero again aging wise?

Now the question. Since I opened up my jar, does it start at zero again aging wise?

Not exactly at zero, but pretty much. Opening the jar brings fresh air in. The whole chemical reaction has to start over. You won't "lose" any aging benefits you already have, but the process starts slowly and accelerates gradually. At only one month, it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

You enablers talked me into ordering a can of this Stonehenge, along with five other tins to sit on and try out.

At this point I should have some really nice things to try out in the next few years!

I've had half a dozen bowls or so, and I really like this blend. A lot of character. Smoked at just the right cadence, my mistress Lady Lakeland makes an appearance, but she doesn't take over. Looking forward to trying some with a few years on it.

Thanks Price. I love my pipes and tobaccos. I am going to have to build a bunch more pipe racks and I have tobacco to last several years. Yet, I will buy new tobacco anytime.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I liked the 2 bowls I have tried, but I think I am going to let simmer and try another bowl in October sometime.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
So it’s been 2 months since my past go around with Stonehenge. I can’t really taste any Lakeland. It actually reminds me a little of Dark Strong Flake, but the cocoa isn’t as strong.

Since trying Solani Silver I have somewhat teased out the flavor Burley adds to a blend and subsequently find them quite tasty.

I still haven’t cracked my tin of this stuff. I really want to try it this week, but I have 3#’s of tobacco in ziplocks on top of my bar I need to jar, but I’m fresh out of jars!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
5FFCF3AB-B87E-43F2-9576-66239AEDD7DB.jpeg

How time flies! It’s been almost 9 month since my last bowl of Stonehenge(I think!?). Popped open my “smoker” jar and wow. Smells like FVF mixed with that chocolate burley aroma, and the Lakeland is gone. It either dissipated, morphed, or is overpowered by what’s there now. Crystals are dusted all over the Flake as well.

Into the dryer container it went for smoking tomorrow.

Supposed to be a hurrricane tomorrow so it will be a fun evening smoke.

View attachment 906597
How time flies! It’s been almost 9 month since my last bowl of Stonehenge(I think!?). Popped open my “smoker” jar and wow. Smells like FVF mixed with that chocolate burley aroma, and the Lakeland is gone. It either dissipated, morphed, or is overpowered by what’s there now. Crystals are dusted all over the Flake as well.

Into the dryer container it went for smoking tomorrow.

Supposed to be a hurrricane tomorrow so it will be a fun evening smoke.

Nice!! That blend has been on my short list for a while.. Put your wind cap on!!

Top Bottom