What's new

Ozark on Netflix--has anyone watched or is currently watching?

My wife and I are about 7 episodes in. Seemed really good at first. Now plot seems to have slowed to a crawl. Maybe "seems to have gone sideways" is a better way of putting it.

Watched it, it went on a tangent, and it all worked out in the end. Good show.

Side note: This show got me curious after watching it, so I got on Google Maps and explored the Lake of the Ozarks... Amazing body of water... An even more amazing selection for establishment names that way. Haha!

We intend to finish the series. Nice acting by Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. Re tangents, interesting that Bateman is said to have directed the first two episodes and the last two.

I get the the Breaking Bad similarities, and I like that. So far it is not nearly as good as Breaking Bad, but that would be quite a feat. BB may be my favorite TV show of all time.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call it first tier, can't miss it TV but I liked it a lot and look forward to the next season. I think the principal actors, Jason Bateman and Laura Linney are both excellent in their roles.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Yup, me and the missus enjoyed it very much. Great cast, smart writing, very good acting with believable characters. Looking forward to the next season!

Enjoyed the first season, looking forward to the second. It’s not actually filmed at Lake of the Ozarks. It’s filmed outside of Atlanta. Lake of the Ozarks, however, is a beautiful part of the country.

Funny little quirk... I had a really hard time understanding a single word Jacob Snell (Peter Mullan) was saying, due to a severely exaggerated and thick drawl. I only recently came to find out that Peter Mullan is Scottish, after watching the 2nd installment of Westworld, and things made better sense after that. Great character, hard to comprehend but good acting, in hindsight.

Good to know that the series picks up again in the last couple of episodes.

With Westworld seeming to go south, The Americans having wrapped, and the non-renewal of various shows I have liked, I was afraid this golden age of TV was coming to an end.

I really enjoyed Ozark and think that the Golden Age of TV is continuing unabated.

I am still finding great tv and rotating shows in and out as they wrap, tonight I just finished Altered Carbon - hope that returns for another run

Some of the shows I watch....don’t judge...it is due for an update

Agents of Shield
Big Bang Theory
Bosch
Bright
DC Legends of Tomorrow
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
Dr Who
Gotham
Grand Tour
Grantchester
Humans
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Jean-Claude Van Johnson
Last Man on Earth
Legion
Lucifer
Marvel's Daredevil
Marvel's Iron Fist
Marvel's Inhumans
Marvel's Jessica Jones
Marvel's Luke Cage
Marvel's The Defenders
Marvel's The Punisher
Mozart in the Jungle
Patriot
Ozark
Peaky Blinders
People of Earth
Preacher
Sherlock
Stan against Evil
Stranger Things
Taboo
The Flash
The Gifted
The Ranch
The Shannara Chronicles
The Tick

If only 2 shows have gone - or are going - south, I would say things are still well intact, if this is the golden age of TV.

Lots of great shows. Handmaid's Tale, GoT (OPINION: probably the greatest TV masterpiece ever), Last Man on Earth, Arrested Development, Peaky Blinders, Black Mirror, Shameless, Suits,.....

I don't know... I'm not having trouble finding good content. @Tim_McD 's list is solid. All that said, I'm digressing so apologies for the derail.

Love GOT, Arrested Development, and Shameless. But I think Last Man on Earth has been canceled. Still, agree, lots of great content still out there.
You're correct on Last Man on Earth. Viewership tanked and Fox pulled the plug last month. Which stinks because I thought it was the best way to spend 20 minutes when all you want is some ridiculous comedy. Loved it.

I, too, started watching Ozark and then got a bit bored by the stalling of the show. I've always found a series difficult to devote myself too and so I've given up on that one. I also gave up on Marvel's Iron Fist. I thoroughly enjoyed Futureman (Hulu), however I really enjoy the Seth Rogen sense of humor. I also enjoy the two modern Sherlock Holmes series, each for their own strengths. One series I got into and felt was canceled too early was Backstrom.

Re Ozark, we watched the 9th, second to last episode last night, and I would say it has picked up. (The acting, not the writing really carries that show.) I will report back after we watch the final season episode.

Glad to see Last Man of Earth getting some love here. 500 or whatever TV stations and there is no place for that show? I do not get it. It does not have to be on Sunday night in prime time.

Found it hard to get into the second season of Handmaid's Tale. Not sure I loved the first season.

I probably agree with "GoT (OPINION: probably the greatest TV masterpiece ever)." Although Breaking Bad may be my favorite show ever. I do not completely agree with Tim_McD's list, but I glad there is something out there who watches more TV than I do. Sometimes I am afraid that folks reading what I post on B&B will think all I do all day is drink, watch TV, and post on this forum! I would both add and subtract from that list. Luther leaps to mind as an addition.

Re Ozark, we watched the 9th, second to last episode last night, and I would say it has picked up. (The acting, not the writing really carries that show.) I will report back after we watch the final season episode.

Glad to see Last Man of Earth getting some love here. 500 or whatever TV stations and there is no place for that show? I do not get it. It does not have to be on Sunday night in prime time.

Found it hard to get into the second season of Handmaid's Tale. Not sure I loved the first season.

I probably agree with "GoT (OPINION: probably the greatest TV masterpiece ever)." Although Breaking Bad may be my favorite show ever. I do not completely agree with Tim_McD's list, but I glad there is something out there who watches more TV than I do. Sometimes I am afraid that folks reading what I post on B&B will think all I do all day is drink, watch TV, and post on this forum! I would both add and subtract from that list. Luther leaps to mind as an addition.
Haha! I don't watch much tv either, believe it or not. I won't even be watching GoT for at least another year, for instance!

I too was dumbfounded by this, for what it's worth. Especially because it was a good comedy that ended with absolutely zero closure, closure...closure, closure, closure.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
We intend to finish the series. Nice acting by Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. Re tangents, interesting that Bateman is said to have directed the first two episodes and the last two.

I get the the Breaking Bad similarities, and I like that. So far it is not nearly as good as Breaking Bad, but that would be quite a feat. BB may be my favorite TV show of all time.
Jason Batemen guaranteed that I will check it out.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I really enjoyed Ozark and think that the Golden Age of TV is continuing unabated.

I am still finding great tv and rotating shows in and out as they wrap, tonight I just finished Altered Carbon - hope that returns for another run

Some of the shows I watch....don’t judge...it is due for an update

Agents of Shield
Big Bang Theory
Bosch
Bright
DC Legends of Tomorrow
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
Dr Who
Gotham
Grand Tour
Grantchester
Humans