What's new

INFO! Politics, The Barber Shop and You

Ladies and Gentlemen of Badger and Blade,

in light of the current world-wide political situation, the Moderator Team no longer consider politics a suitable topic of conversation for our site. With political parties (and their followers) retreating to extreme positions in many countries, the chances of having a gentlemanly debate upon that sort of topic are slim to none. We believe that it is better to leave that type of discussion for another time and place rather than hosting it here and having to deal with any potential fallout. Our members deserve a place in which they can interact without having to avoid "political" threads.

If you are going to post, please check before doing so that your comments are not political in nature. The rest of the membership will be thankful to you.

As always, thanks for your attention and thank you for continuing to support B&B.

Good move IMO. There are plenty of places to talk politics, but one of the reasons why I love B&B is the civil, courteous discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Good policy
We don't need topics that divide us
For that reason perhaps the vegg could be banned as well. :)

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Politics and religion are not appropriate for this site. Thanks.

If you want compliance, you might want to complete the post and share the 'Moderator Team's' definition of political.

That is a very broad term. Political parties? Politicians? Topics up for vote in the community, province, country?

Great group of folks here that seem to want to do the right thing to keep the site as good as it is. Helping us understand will go a long ways.

A thousand thanks to you! I remember another forum where mods lifted the no politics ban, and it was uglier than the apocalypse when the smoke cleared. It is at the core of humanity to want to express our views. Even so, the ratio of online persuasion and accomplishment to online heartache, entrenchment, and ill will is extremely low. So once again, thank you.

Politics and religion are not appropriate for this site. Thanks.

If you want compliance, you might want to complete the post and share the 'Moderator Team's' definition of political.

That is a very broad term. Political parties? Politicians? Topics up for vote in the community, province, country?

Great group of folks here that seem to want to do the right thing to keep the site as good as it is. Helping us understand will go a long ways.

As in the rest of our Guidelines, this is a broad term for a simple reason. Should we try to narrow it down, we will end up being in the position of having to delete posts from members whose defence will be that "you didn't specifically say that it was prohibited, so I assumed that the topic was OK". We are lucky to have a thoughtful and well-behaved membership and the Moderator Team is happy to rely upon them.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
As in the rest of our Guidelines, this is a broad term for a simple reason. Should we try to narrow it down, we will end up being in the position of having to delete posts from members whose defence will be that "you didn't specifically say that it was prohibited, so I assumed that the topic was OK". We are lucky to have a thoughtful and well-behaved membership and the Moderator Team is happy to rely upon them.
I have to ask, David- who is the other half of the bacon brothers?

Rats! Always have enjoyed political shaves!!

fine american blend rudy vey schulze thursday gillette tech aqua velva ice sport october 13 2016.jpg

Top Bottom