What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2018

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
A Tuatara Pilsner to relax into the long weekend.

20180329_181704.jpg

C'mon... more info Rick! Too sweet? What?

Don

Lol! Nah...I like this one! Brewed just up the road from me in Sarasota, I can get it pretty easily on tap, but I bought a six this weekend. I put off trying it initially, thinking it would be overwhelmingly sweet, but it isn't cloyingly sweet. It's kind of in the same category as Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout for me. Not an every day beer, but when I get a craving for it, it is nice to have on hand.

Another beer profile I get an occasional craving for is Lagunitas. Their beers have a common theme that I tired of awhile ago, but I had a Lagunitas itch to scratch last night after seeing a new one on the board: A Little Sumpin' Extra Ale. Had the familiar floral and citrus hop up front in a big way, but the bitter finish was subdued. Went down easy with wings and pizza!

D8E4CAFF-AC34-45BC-B783-10F19C29C2D7.jpeg
Went to Old Soul in Ft. Myers and had Defector DIPA. Decent. Brought a 128 oz growler of Founder’s Breakfast Stout home. Excellent! Happy Easter!

Is that the Growler Werks deal in your photo? How's it working for you?

Planning on Lift Bridge's Irish Coffee Stout tonight. I'll try to get some pictures up.

Don

Stony Creek Brewery (Branford, CT) - Ruffled Feathers (IPA)

Grapefruit. Maintained some bitterness through the finish, which I liked. Solid pour.

BBBBF2CA-74DF-4E3E-BEC7-4C182E1FFDEE.jpeg

Is that the Growler Werks deal in your photo? How's it working for you?
Don
This is only the second fill. The pints we poured right after returning home were perfect. I’ll let you know what tomorrow’s post-exercise pour looks like.

The bartender only charged for 64 instead of 128 oz for some reason. Got a lot of Breakfast Stout for about $2.50 per 12 oz pour.

Yeah... Not quite initial pour quality after a couple days at home. Still nice to have it available without going out. I still think it will be best for visiting the local breweries.

Nice I’ll have to try that one. I was working across the street from their Boston location and would pick up something all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Urban Growler (St. Paul, MN) Cowbell Cream Ale. Continuing with my exploration of the local brewery offerings. Cream ales tend to have corn in the brew mix, resulting in a slightly sweet and clean drink. Been hooked on them since trying Castle Danger's Cream Ale.

Don

Urban Growler (St. Paul, MN) Cowbell Cream Ale. Continuing with my exploration of the local brewery offerings. Cream ales tend to have corn in the brew mix, resulting in a slightly sweet and clean drink. Been hooked on them since trying Castle Danger's Cream Ale.

Don

If you dig the cream ales (I know I do, especially in the summer) and if you can get Otter Creek (Vermont) out in MN, look for their Orange Dream. I had some last summer and really enjoyed it. It's a cream ale brewed with orange peel and vanilla. It's like beer meets creamsicle.

Orange Dream Cream Ale | Otter Creek

In the last week I had both Founder's Oatmeal Stout on tap and a can of Swamp Head Midnight Oil Oatmeal Coffee Stout. The nod goes to the Gainesville brew. :scared:

Bud Light Orange. I'm tired of paying $2-3 per bottle at the liquor store, so I bought a 6-pack of a cheapie at a gas station. It's pretty good.

Top Bottom