What's new

Need help finding more info on Professional Pro Steel Blue Carbon Steel frying pans

I picked up two Professional Pro Steel Blue Carbon Steel frying pans about a month ago and really like them. I found them at store called Home Goods, kind of like a higher end TJ Max.
They're also advertised as being made of 99% carbon steel. What the other 1% is is anyone's guess!
One is a 12 inch and the other is a 10 inch.
What I like best about them is that they are deeper than other carbon steel pans I've seen.
I'd love to find out more about who manufacturers them in hopes of possibly finding a 8 or 9 inch and a 14 to 15 inch version of these pans as well.
The problem is despite multiple searches online, I can't find any information about them. There's no identifying or makers marks stamped into the pans and the cardboard they were wrapped in doesn't even list a place of manufacture. Though highly unlikely, they could have been made on Mars for all I know.
So now turn to the infinite knowledge of the members of B&B to help me learn more about these pans. Who makes them and where? Do they make others and where can I purchase them?
20171001_084838.jpg
20171001_221612.jpg
20171001_221638.jpg
20171001_221658.jpg

Could be a generic knockoff made in Asia. These types of pans are popular in professional kitchens. Restaurant supply stores sell them. They are not expensive, take high heat, and abuse. Cooks Illustrated did an article about these type of pans in 2015.

The more they are used, the more non stick they become. They make a good alternative to cast iron.

Can't help you with yours but I use mine for searing meats mostly.

High heat sear on both sides then into the oven to finish off.

Very useful tools.

Everyone needs at least 2 of them (single stake, two steaks)

Don’t even think of using metal utensils in them.

+1

Use tongs for meats, use wooden spoons or spatulas for other cooking.

Treat them like tin lined copper and they will last a lifetime.

NO soap. Like all fine cookware, hot water and a natural fiber brush should be all you need.

If you have burned on, soak for no more than 30 minutes, then use your brush to clean

I have the Mafter 11 inch. Seasoning is superficial, so care must be exercised. I have a Staub cast iron skillet I use more, but both are fine pans for searing.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice.
These pans have quickly become my go to favorites.

Glad you like em. Oh, avoid acidic things such as lemon and tomato. Those will remove the seasoning.
Thanks for tip, I learned this one the hard way 11 years ago when I started using cast iron. A pot if chili stripped the seasoning from my dutch oven.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I've got to admit I'm confused. I use metal utensils in my carbon steel pans . . . no problem. With blue steel you shouldn't? Why would I want blue steel if I cook my steaks in carbon steel?

I've got to admit I'm confused. I use metal utensils in my carbon steel pans . . . no problem. With blue steel you shouldn't? Why would I want blue steel if I cook my steaks in carbon steel?
I don't understand either. I've been only using metal utensils in mine with absolutely no I'll effects. The instructions even said metal utensil safe. Worst comes to worst, I'll just reseason them.

I picked up two Professional Pro Steel Blue Carbon Steel frying pans about a month ago and really like them. I found them at store called Home Goods, kind of like a higher end TJ Max.
They're also advertised as being made of 99% carbon steel. What the other 1% is is anyone's guess!
One is a 12 inch and the other is a 10 inch.
What I like best about them is that they are deeper than other carbon steel pans I've seen.
I'd love to find out more about who manufacturers them in hopes of possibly finding a 8 or 9 inch and a 14 to 15 inch version of these pans as well.
The problem is despite multiple searches online, I can't find any information about them. There's no identifying or makers marks stamped into the pans and the cardboard they were wrapped in doesn't even list a place of manufacture. Though highly unlikely, they could have been made on Mars for all I know.
So now turn to the infinite knowledge of the members of B&B to help me learn more about these pans. Who makes them and where? Do they make others and where can I purchase them?
View attachment 825603 View attachment 825604 View attachment 825605 View attachment 825606
I too purchased (3) of these pans from a Home Goods store in small medium and large. Have gone back (2X) to buy more, but they don't seem to be a regular stocked item. Would love to find them online somewhere... FYI, I use a metal spatula in mine all the time, no problems. Much lighter than the numerous cast iron pans we have, and I've found the "Professional Pro Steel Plus Carbon" pans to be great for omelets and frittatas in the oven. After washing with soap and scotch brite pad, I simply heat lightly and rub a touch of olive oil with a paper towel to finish the clean. Really great pans, especially for the price. I'd like to buy a batch of them for X-mas presents. Can anyone help us locate them?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Perhaps steel utensils will cut through the seasoning.

[....]
I'd love to find out more about who manufacturers them...

You did a Nice Job DCRIII with the your post, the pictures, etc...

So I found out who makes your pan :001_tongu
It's a company called Lotus Rock, and actually the handles are cast iron but the pan yes is carbon steel.
Lotus Rock is a professional chef’s favourite. It seems the pan is used by celebrity chefs in USA, UK and elsewhere and they use it under their own branding.
You can see some more information at this link Here

I'll let you finish your research from that websites link above, by clicking its homepage link within.

fwiw, my wife bought that Pan at TJMax recently too, and she also wanted to know all the same questions you did and it what brought us to your post, and eventually led us to search down the source; which btw, was not easy!

Let us know what you find out...
...have a good day!

Actually, the handles appear to be stamped, don't you think? I know it says cast, but it seems unlikely. But who knows? Can you take a second look?

Last edited:
Top Bottom