What's new

Need help finding more info on Professional Pro Steel Blue Carbon Steel frying pans

I understand why you say that, but I'm holding the pan right now in my hand, and I'd say it is cast; as well, that is the same pan on the webpage and they confirm it is cast.
Even the wife told me it seemed cast iron even before we found that webpage; however again the pan itself is carbon.

I guess they can make any combination, that the bulk purchaser, wants their line to be made of, or coated with, etc, etc.

fwiw, all those pictures that DCRIII gives above, all the packaging, everything he posted is identical to our purchase!

I'm just not sure of yet, where the common folk can go into what and which store, to readily buy their retail products a plenty, and under what brand, other than besides as the wife did to happenstance across a single item of that same 12'' pan at TJM for $19.99 that day she bought it last week.

Last edited:
I guess, I'm no expert. It seems pretty heavy duty though.
they say it's Ruhr cast iron, whatever that is.

Just don't drop it on your glass top stove :117:

You did a Nice Job DCRIII with the your post, the pictures, etc...

So I found out who makes your pan :001_tongu
It's a company called Lotus Rock, and actually the handles are cast iron but the pan yes is carbon steel.
Lotus Rock is a professional chef’s favourite. It seems the pan is used by celebrity chefs in USA, UK and elsewhere and they use it under their own branding.
You can see some more information at this link Here

I'll let you finish your research from that websites link above, by clicking its homepage link within.

fwiw, my wife bought that Pan at TJMax recently too, and she also wanted to know all the same questions you did and it what brought us to your post, and eventually led us to search down the source; which btw, was not easy!

Let us know what you find out...
...have a good day!
Thank you very much, those are it!
Actually, the handles appear to be stamped, don't you think? I know it says cast, but it seems unlikely. But who knows? Can you take a second look?
Here's a close up of the handle of one of mine. It's definitely cast iron and not the usual stamped metal.
20180122_162355.jpg

Very nice picture once again, and gives a perfect illustration.
(...and to see the picture expands even bigger, nice)

I imagine that company would put on any handle or finish, or whatever you want, if you buy-in and order for enough of them at one time...

My wife told me she found another company that gets their stuff made from that Lotus Rock company which is who made those 12'' pans we bought. (I guess shes looking for different size things too)
You have to buy a 1000 at a time to make an order, LoL
I see they use different handles, and have a different coating too. Anyway just a fwiw, that place is Here

We could start our own company and make our own options :001_tongu ..half kidding, but you could.

Last edited:
My wife told me she found another company that gets their stuff made from that Lotus Rock company which is who made those 12'' pans we bought. (I guess shes looking for different size things too)
I see they use different handles, and have a different coating too. Anyway just a fwiw, that place is Here

We could start our own company and make our own options :001_tongu ..half kidding, but you could.
Some of those bulk buy companies offer samples to potential customers before they commit to a large order.

The wife just wanted a couple of pans though, and now it seems she's got the bug again looking again.
Last set she bought years ago was Wolfgang Puck or something, and there too his line he bought from some company just like these other people are doing with that Lotus Rock stuff.
She is an excellent cook though, I am a lucky man :001_smile ..so I tell her get what makes you happy :001_smile

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

The B&B Limited Edition Carbon Steel Pan :)

Wow... I got today same! I got 12" & 10" crepe pan! I look for them couple month, and visited Home Sense almost everyday, when I been in this area, I knew, I will find them. Last time I spoted simulare in Fredericton store, made in Spaine, but smaller one. But today I find, what I'm looking for! Carbon steel cookware, professional grade, at fair price! I don't care, who made it, China or so, if it quality, I got it! I know this staff, I know about metallurgy, and just confirm - this is GOOD stuff!

Best bet is catering supply store, pans come in various sizes, shallow, omelette etc. Never seen one with cast iron handle though. Another plus is that they usually don't warp on the bottom except for heavy beating in a wash-up area. Had a look and cannot seem to find any... You cannot ask the store to source for you?

Thank you to the forum! I was in TJ Maxx Homegoods Woburn MA just now and came across these in 10 and 8 inch. I was initially attracted by the look, then the words blue carbon steel (have Japanese knives made of that) and some Debuyer steel pans. The 10" one was $10 on clearance and the 8" one was $7 - crazy right!?

Had never heard of these pans and like you guys I couldn't find a name on them.. but thanks to the forum and your hard work I found info on them. I'm assuming they are made in China which am not crazy about.. anyone know?

Am attaching pics - they may be useful to someone- I can't tell if the handles are cast or stamped but am not a pro cook so it probably doesn't matter to me anyway!

How do they hold up in cooking - those of you who have used them.

My comparison is DeBuyer crepe pan (with the little Bee symbol)

(the center is convex so the batter and anything liquid flows to the edges.. annoying. Great for heating up non runny stuff. Does anyone else have this prob with the DeBuyer. Have had it about 4 years and use it daily.

Nambu Tekki Cast Iron skillet

Love this a lot - only drawback is it's a little small - about 8". If you like Japanese stuff it's available on one of my fav websites - AnalogueLife.com - cheaper than US based sellers (although there's shipping from Japan)IMG_5145.JPGIMG_5146.JPGIMG_5147.JPGIMG_5148.JPGIMG_5149.JPGIMG_5150.JPGIMG_5151.JPGIMG_5152.JPG

I can't figure out what they pre-seasoned it with. It looks like the typical Teflon pan coating, but that wouldn't make sense for a carbon steel pan. Either way, seems like a steal (ba dum shish).

Very partial to DeBuyer myself. My little 8 inch gets a lot of work done.

@ pannacotta
The handles are Ruhr Cast Iron - it says that on their website Here

Also on our TJMax price ticket, it says China ...BUT ! ...I don't know if that's actually true or not and could just be generic:
12''.jpg

@ paintflinger
The coating you ask about they mention about it on their webpage.
..and the wife is very much wondering about that coating too, and if somehow it can get into the food she cooks in it - I don't know that answer yet?
Anyway for your answer about the coating when you get to the webpage, read down to where it says:
1)
..and then
2)
Webpage Link

@ pannacotta
The handles are Ruhr Cast Iron - it says that on their website Here

Also on our TJMax price ticket, it says China ...BUT ! ...I don't know if that's actually true or not and could just be generic:
View attachment 858954

@ paintflinger
The coating you ask about they mention about it on their webpage.
..and the wife is very much wondering about that coating too, and if somehow it can get into the food she cooks in it - I don't know that answer yet?
Anyway for your answer about the coating when you get to the webpage, read down to where it says:
1)
..and then
2)
Webpage Link

That’s helpful - thank you ‘wife’ (from
another ‘wife’ too (;

I thought it was just steel.. like debuyer, but am not sure about ceramic coating and crystalline layers etc.. (see link below) I want to avoid anything that over time will get into food. That’s why I do not own or use teflon/ceramic coating or anything else made like this.. only debuyer and nambu tekki.. call me paranoid :)

my price sticker does NOT say china though

I might email them to ask where they are made

My Nambu Tekki has no chemical coatings.. and is also wonderfully non stick (with a very light amear of oil or a swipe of butter)

Lotus Rock | Lotus Rock QC #6 – Cross Cut Adhesion Test

That first link you gave with the QC #6 - that information I don't think is for our particular carbon steel pans, it's from their other line. Not many of us use those anymore even if they have gotten a lot better.

The previous link I gave and you refer to is the one for our pans. Its written marketing sounds good (always does) ..but more importantly is what's actually done and its makeup 'may be' a concern, or not? ..honestly we don't know. Surly though in balance the things we eat and come in casual contact with in our daily life is way worse - but we all do our best to do the right thing!

Yes I see your other link about China, good catch, and so that's a double China origin confirmation. But having said that, China makes a lot of good stuff (and junk) ..just like other countries and even ours, and so the country in itself is not a problem, but it's the manufacturing process used in whatever product we buy and especially eat off of, is what we look out for. Whatever that coating is on this pan seems like you don't want to go over 350 degrees or scratch a metal spatula continually over it else something may minutely come off in the food - but here too this is the same for Most Any pan or grill we eat off of.

I think this pan is fine and so I don't mean to over focus on it, we are all just having talking points about it is all.

You did get a really good price on yours! ...my wife is envious, but is happy with her 12" pan though but wished she paid more like what your final discount was..!

Last edited:
Top Bottom