What's new

Unusual first names

Haha I feel for you man. Well my son isn't school aged yet, but we went with the name Draxtin. I'm wondering how it's going to play out for him.

The name ian seems like a pain. Pretty much you just have to answer to both pronunciations interchangeably. Is it ee-an or i-an?

My son is Eldon - an old school name with some class.

Have a cousin named Eldon, his mom is Eileen.Then i have other aunts named Mabel, Elsie, Betty, my mom's named Elda.

Nephew's named Morgan, Micah, niece named Zoe...

Mother-in-law, Vie, hope i spelled that right.
dave

Last edited:
I know a lady at work whose first name is Xian ... pronounced "Shin".
She is from Shanghai, China so it is an Asian moniker.

I tried many times to friend her on Facebook, but I couldn't find her page.
Turns out on Facebook, she goes by the first name "Momo."

I know my name isn't the most popular, but I never thought it was that unusual. I've known several others throughout my life. A couple months ago I had to pick up some windshield wipers for my work van. We have an account there and I have to give them my van number and first name. I say "Truck 35, Troy". He pauses for a few seconds and answers back "Tr...?". I respond "OY:001_rolle" Then the other day I was in a fast food joint. They asked if I wanted to donate a dollar for some charity (I can't even remember which one). I said sure and she asked for my name to put it on the wall with the rest of the donors. I responded "Troy". She pauses for a second and answers "T...?"

So I ask. Is my name more unusual than I think, or do people today have that hard of a time stringing 4 letters together without the help of spell check and auto correct?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I know my name isn't the most popular, but I never thought it was that unusual. I've known several others throughout my life. A couple months ago I had to pick up some windshield wipers for my work van. We have an account there and I have to give them my van number and first name. I say "Truck 35, Troy". He pauses for a few seconds and answers back "Tr...?". I respond "OY:001_rolle" Then the other day I was in a fast food joint. They asked if I wanted to donate a dollar for some charity (I can't even remember which one). I said sure and she asked for my name to put it on the wall with the rest of the donors. I responded "Troy". She pauses for a second and answers "T...?"

So I ask. Is my name more unusual than I think, or do people today have that hard of a time stringing 4 letters together without the help of spell check and auto correct?
I think its the state of the world now not your name.

I had a roommate once who's family was from Italy. His dad was Caesar. His uncle was called Agamemnon.

Top Bottom