What's new

GLP Stonehenge Flake is coming back

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
It's refreshing that for a tobacco that's so hyped and anticipated, there's actually decent supply for its release. Until recently, it was really just Penzance and Stonehaven that were crazy and you had to jump on them quick. Then pretty much all of the other Esoterica tobaccos went that way, Kingfisher and Pelican have gone that way, many of the Germaine blends have gone that way, many popular blends have gone that way in the wake of the post-FDA regulation buying frenzy, and C&D seems to have specifically designed their launches in the past couple of years to generate the same type of frenzy (I'm looking at you "Small Batch" releases!). It's created an overall atmosphere of constantly refreshing computer screens and trying to time a release, akin to concert tickets. Getting too crazy, so I hope thing slow a bit and calm down. The launch of Stonehenge is a welcome step back in the right direction.

I applied the same logic...didnt want to end up with too much in case it was underwhelming. So, umm, I only bought 12. :blush:
Knowing C&D, if I wait a bit they'll probably be selling 8oz tins once the initial fervor dies down. That was also a factor in my reasoning. :lol:

It's refreshing that for a tobacco that's so hyped and anticipated, there's actually decent supply for its release. Until recently, it was really just Penzance and Stonehaven that were crazy and you had to jump on them quick. Then pretty much all of the other Esoterica tobaccos went that way, Kingfisher and Pelican have gone that way, many of the Germaine blends have gone that way, many popular blends have gone that way in the wake of the post-FDA regulation buying frenzy, and C&D seems to have specifically designed their launches in the past couple of years to generate the same type of frenzy (I'm looking at you "Small Batch" releases!). It's created an overall atmosphere of constantly refreshing computer screens and trying to time a release, akin to concert tickets. Getting too crazy, so I hope thing slow a bit and calm down. The launch of Stonehenge is a welcome step back in the right direction.
I think that the folks at GH&C probably had a large part in the reason why this was such a smooth rollout.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It moved up to #73 on the sales rankings. Here's looking forward to actually getting my order :).

From the Social Media guy of Smoking Pipes on Reddit when asked if there was Lakeland essence: "I mean, it's not like Grasmere. But it does have a GH&Co topping, so to a lesser degree, yes."

I should have bought more! :a52:

There was also this from the same guy...

From our COO Ted:

"Guys, I feel compelled to clarify here. Yes, the aim is regular production, but that doesn't mean it'll be in stock all the time. Think about the regular availability of anything from G&H. I don't want to feed the panic, but once LDG (our distributor) is out of stock on the stuff, I can barely begin to speculate when we can expect another round from Kendal. I just want everybody to have the same expectations vis-á-vis what this is going to look like availability-wise going forward."

My summary:

So basically, this is doing way better than we expected. We still have plenty for right now BUT there is a possibility we run out sooner than we expected. And while we do want to make it a permanent fixture, it's gonna take time to get it in from GH&Co. This isn't to say "PANIC! WE'RE RUNNING OUT! BUY BUY BUY!", but I just want to reset expectations as we reset our own. It could end up that we've overthought it and that the majority of people have gotten what they want. It could also be that we're out by next week. It's anyone's guess right now. Either way we WILL be getting more, it might just be a while.

Sorry if this is wordy, it's just my personal policy, and one shared by the company, that scaremongering to sell product is in no-one's best interest.

FYI there's still 1600+ tins left in stock. So, I think the frenzy ended already.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
There was also this from the same guy...

From our COO Ted:

"Guys, I feel compelled to clarify here. Yes, the aim is regular production, but that doesn't mean it'll be in stock all the time. Think about the regular availability of anything from G&H. I don't want to feed the panic, but once LDG (our distributor) is out of stock on the stuff, I can barely begin to speculate when we can expect another round from Kendal. I just want everybody to have the same expectations vis-á-vis what this is going to look like availability-wise going forward."

My summary:

So basically, this is doing way better than we expected. We still have plenty for right now BUT there is a possibility we run out sooner than we expected. And while we do want to make it a permanent fixture, it's gonna take time to get it in from GH&Co. This isn't to say "PANIC! WE'RE RUNNING OUT! BUY BUY BUY!", but I just want to reset expectations as we reset our own. It could end up that we've overthought it and that the majority of people have gotten what they want. It could also be that we're out by next week. It's anyone's guess right now. Either way we WILL be getting more, it might just be a while.

Sorry if this is wordy, it's just my personal policy, and one shared by the company, that scaremongering to sell product is in no-one's best interest.

FYI there's still 1600+ tins left in stock. So, I think the frenzy ended already.

So you mean I should buy more?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Down to 1568 in stock. It might sell out by the end of weekend. Wish I could smoke a bowl. Might buy another 10 if I liked it.

I couldn't agree more.

From the Social Media guy of Smoking Pipes on Reddit when asked if there was Lakeland essence: "I mean, it's not like Grasmere. But it does have a GH&Co topping, so to a lesser degree, yes."

I should have bought more! :a52:
Logged in just got this info. Thanks buddy.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So has anyone here had any of the previous release of Stonehenge? How was your experience as compared to those listed on Tobacco Reviews? Are you gonna let it age first or pop a tin as soon as it arrives?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Looks like I will get the chance to smoke a few bowls and see if I like it enough to cellar the even more. Woot!

Top Bottom