What's new

Looking for that BURN

I've been enjoying the extreme aftershaves like the cooling of Fine Snake Bite and the burn of Captains Choice Cat o'Nine Tails. What are some other aftershaves that give a strong sensation, especially the burn?

I've always hesitated to buy this, as I was disappointed in their Bay Rum Cologne. I may need to try it out after all! :001_smile

In my opinion, the Bay Rum cologne is sort of a mash up of all their other scents and isn't really much of a cologne as it doesn't stick around all that long. It's not bad, it's earthy and refreshing, but not my favorite.

Definitely give the Bay Rum AS a try, as well as the Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorns...close second for me from Ogallala. You could also just grab the Bonanza sampler pack and give away whatever you don't like after trying.

In my opinion, the Bay Rum cologne is sort of a mash up of all their other scents and isn't really much of a cologne as it doesn't stick around all that long. It's not bad, it's earthy and refreshing, but not my favorite.

Definitely give the Bay Rum AS a try, as well as the Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorns...close second for me from Ogallala. You could also just grab the Bonanza sampler pack and give away whatever you don't like after trying.

Thanks for the tips.

I agree. I got the sampler which included, besides the others, Sage & Cedar, and Sandalwood. I love both of those additional scents, and the samples are HUGE as far as samples go. I haven't finished any of them yet. The Sandalwood has become my favorite sandalwood scent.

They all have that nice Bay Rum burn!

I agree. I got the sampler which included, besides the others, Sage & Cedar, and Sandalwood. I love both of those additional scents, and the samples are HUGE as far as samples go. I haven't finished any of them yet. The Sandalwood has become my favorite sandalwood scent.

I have the Bay Rum and Sandalwood and I don't get any burn unless I have a bad shave, but the scent is amazing. I like the way my face feels after using it to. Ogallala AS's are great!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yes! 2oz is a huge sample. Lots of burn for the buck! I bought the Bonanza pack a year ago and just finally got through it. If I had to rank my top 3:

Bay Rum
Limes & Peppercorns
Sage & Cedar

My only complaint is lack of flow restrictor on the bottles, but that's what thumbs are for.

Now I'm thinking I need more...

If you want burn just shave badly!! Maybe I'm missing the point but seriously, if I get more than a brief sting/slap from any AS, I know I've gone wrong somewhere.

If you want burn just shave badly!! Maybe I'm missing the point but seriously, if I get more than a brief sting/slap from any AS, I know I've gone wrong somewhere.
You are missing something! There is a difference between a poor shave and alcohol burn on a raw face and a good shave with an intense aftershave sensation. You should try it (Fine Snake Bite on a hot day or Co9T on a cold one).

Per the ingredients, CONT contains extracts; probably including capsaicin (present in hot chili peppers) or capsaicin-like extract. If you find any other AS with capsaicin or a capsaicin-like ingredient, it should provide that sensation of heat.

I agree with Ogallala Bay Rum! The burn is so strong that it makes my lips numb.

Stirling Bay Rum also has a strong burn. Not as strong as Ogallala. But strong.

Stirling Spice has a pretty good burn too.

Top Bottom