What's new

Good deal on Tabac

I just went to the site and there was no pucks, that I could find. I have found at this site when they run out of the products they have listed, they just disappear and do not show up on their site anymore. This sale has happened before and the same thing happened, the pucks disappeared.

Later,
Richard

Good deal indeed.

By the way, are there any other products that are worth checking out at that site? I was thinking about Aqua Velva AS, Old Spice AS or Brooks Brothers 1818 EDC but none was available. Dang! :mad3:

I ordered two pucks on the 18th of November, still haven't arrived. I'll give it a few more days before I contact them.

I was extremely tempted by this myself! My concern was that, ordering from a US-based company (as I think this is), the order would be subject to VAT (whatever that is at the moment), and an £8 Royal Mail 'handling charge' on delivery, making the offer seem considerably less attractive. I'd be very grateful if you'd let me know what your own eventual experience turns out to be. Have you heard from any other UK members who've bought via this channel? Thanks.

I was extremely tempted by this myself! My concern was that, ordering from a US-based company (as I think this is), the order would be subject to VAT (whatever that is at the moment).

In your case the VAT payer is the company, not the individual. Besides, being a non-resident of US, you purchases are not subject to US VAT. So who cares? :w00t:

£8 Royal Mail handling charge is ouuuch!

In your case the VAT payer is the company, not the individual. Besides, being a non-resident of US, you purchases are not subject to US VAT. So who cares? :w00t:

£8 Royal Mail handling charge is ouuuch!

Unfortunately, UK Customs consider the recipient of goods as liable to VAT. Fuller details on this subject can be seen here (and by following links on that page).

Unfortunately, UK Customs consider the recipient of goods as liable to VAT. Fuller details on this subject can be seen here (and by following links on that page).

"Any goods imported into the UK over the value of £18 are liable to import VAT". That is ouch-ouch-ouch! Thanks for useful info. Here in Russia import VAT and customs fees are applicable in case the value is over approx. GBP 120.

Shaved with this today all I can say is WOW nothing I have produces such a creamy, luxurious lather. This will deffinantly be in my rotation...heck it maybe my only soap.

Unfortunately right now they are out of stock...but yeah, Tabac is awesome. If there could be only one....it would be Tabac.

Finally received my two pucks today. I had e-mailed fragranceX a few days ago and they responded within the hour, assuring me that my goods were on the way. Highly recommended.

I received my 2 pucks today along with a vial of my fiance's favorite perfume. This bring my reserve soap stack up to 6 pucks of tabac and 4 pucks of harris arlington. i should be good for quite some time. :biggrin:

This bring my reserve soap stack up to 6 pucks of tabac and 4 pucks of harris arlington. i should be good for quite some time. :biggrin:

That's not a reserve ... that's a stockpile!

Time to find yourself some newbies and pass along some of that saponific goodness.

I just went to the site and there was no pucks, that I could find. I have found at this site when they run out of the products they have listed, they just disappear and do not show up on their site anymore. This sale has happened before and the same thing happened, the pucks disappeared.

Later,
Richard

If you scroll down on that page where they disappeared from, you will see a little line of print that says something like: Click here to see items that are out of stock". when you click, it shows you a list of the things you are looking for. They also have a link somewhere nearby that says click here if you want us to send you an email when the items checked are back in stock. That has worked for me twice with fragranceX when ordering Tabac products.

Now for my PS: I didn't/couldn't force myself to really like the strong fragrance of Tabac, but of course the performance of the product is absolutely top drawer. For that reason, I have rid myself of my Tabac, and am patiently waiting for the day that we can purchase the Irisch Moos products anywhere that sells qualilty men's shaving products, like fragranceX for example.

J

Jarmo P

I got today from FrangranceX the huge 300 ml bottle of Tabac Original after shave. Before I had already got one soap refill. The costs including the shipping costs: 6,43€ for the shaving soap, 18,50€ for the AS.

The 300 ml AS bottle has the same stopper hole diameter as my 50ml Tabac AS so it could be used just as well. But I have noticed that the stopper can be easily opened too and the smaller 50 ml bottle then refilled. And it feels a bit more convinient to use. In my estimate the small bottle will last over a year of daily 3 fluid drops of usage.

And now I have an estimated 7 years amount of daily Tabac aftershave :001_smile

I also ordered today 2 cans of 200 ml Tabac deodorant sprays for 15,12€ (includes shipping costs). So now I have surely a few years of deodorant covered too.

Too bad there was not anymore shaving soap bowl refills to be ordered. I have an almost virgin bowl and then also one refill and they should last perhaps 1.5 years of daily shaves using also my Tabac shave stick.

If I could I would have ordered also 4 shaving soap bowl refills. :001_rolle

Top Bottom