What's new

Hello, DE newbie here!

Hello everyone! Thought I'd do a first post and introduce myself as I'm new to DE shaving (but have been a cartridge user for decades). I actually started with DE shaving because I got a bit annoyed with the relatively high prices of cartridges, but the irony is that in the last couple of weeks, I've started to accumulate DE shaving paraphernalia costing many times more!

Anyway, I started out with a really cheap "Shogun" razor off a supermarket shelf (about $1+?) with Gilette 7 o'clock blades, nicked myself viciously and knew this couldn't be right. That's when I stumbled onto this forum and since then, have invested in a Parker 45R and a Merkur 34 and an assortment of razor blades. Believe it or not, my first proper shave took me 45 mins...

Nice to meet you guys on this forum and look forward to the great advice I get here.

Welcome to the B&B forums. You may spend a little on the startup, but I still think money can be saved. Plus, you can find that shaving is a relaxing part of the day instead of a chore.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Welcome to the B&B forums. You may spend a little on the startup, but I still think money can be saved. Plus, you can find that shaving is a relaxing part of the day instead of a chore.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Yes, of course I forgot to mention that it's great fun and never knew that shaving could be relaxing. I love the stimulating "scratchy" feeling of the blade against my face lol.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B. I have all the time in the world to shave and I take it. If you are on a schedule try to make enough time to enjoy your shave.

Welcome! It would be helpful to know where you are from (at least what continent). That way we can help suggest things appropriate for you to progress into a nicer shave that doesn't take as long.

Welcome to B&B, and to the wonderful of luxury shaving. If you're hoping the folks here will share money saving tips, I'm afraid you have made a grievous mistake! :wink2:

Top Bottom