What's new

The Anything Thread

Let's move on. Making fun of D&D is only fun when others join in. :lol:

I just don't understand what there is to make fun of? don't back down just because you have nothing left. How many 20-22 year olds do you know who have never done drugs, drink either not at all or very little and have their parents complete trust? Yes, it's about things that aren't real but it is a good game. It involves a lot, I know a lot of people who wouldn't be able to play well if they tried :001_rolle really, you haven't given a single reason that playing D&D is something to be made fun of other then that you think it is for no reason.

I'll be back later, going out to dinner with my friends. Oldsaw, if you'd still like to tell me while I'm a loser for playing D&D feel free, I'll be here later. You might want to actually look up the game first so you have something to say other then :lol: .

I'll be back later, going out to dinner with my friends. Oldsaw, if you'd still like to tell me while I'm a loser for playing D&D feel free, I'll be here later. You might want to actually look up the game first so you have something to say other then :lol: .

I have played it, play WoW, and have played magic the gathering. Im I allowed to make fun of it?:biggrin:

Hmmm... how dense is the QED brush? Less dense than a Rooney 1,1 I assume? I'll do the SCS cream with the B&B Essential Brush instead of the Rooney. That might be a closer match to the QED.

The QED is less dense than the Rooney. I never tried the SCS with the rooney because I had sold the creams before I got the rooney.

I think I am going to order some St. James. Anybody tried it? I had it narrowed down toe the Eton College and St. James but I am not a fan of piney things.

I've actually tried all the ToBS creams (participated in a group tub split a while back). St. James is my favorite scent of the bunch. Avocado shaves the best. I'd classify St. James as a classic, cologne-type scent. Not too overpowering, not really piney at all. Eton is also nice, but is a much "fresher" scent -- a bit lighter and more citrusy than St. James. (FYI, timmyboston has a nice deal on a pair of tobs tubs, including St. James, in b/s/t right now.)

Nice to see Fulmer go out on a winning note at Tennessee. Absolutely horrible that it had to be against UK. I really had hope that we'd get the Tennessee monkey off our backs tonight.

I've actually tried all the ToBS creams (participated in a group tub split a while back). St. James is my favorite scent of the bunch. Avocado shaves the best. I'd classify St. James as a classic, cologne-type scent. Not too overpowering, not really piney at all. Eton is also nice, but is a much "fresher" scent -- a bit lighter and more citrusy than St. James. (FYI, timmyboston has a nice deal on a pair of tobs tubs, including St. James, in b/s/t right now.)

Nice to see Fulmer go out on a winning note at Tennessee. Absolutely horrible that it had to be against UK. I really had hope that we'd get the Tennessee monkey off our backs tonight.

I saw that post in the b/s/t but the rose rashes me and I had to sell mine.

So the St. James is more cologne based? Now I am questioning what I should get.

What is the Shave Shop like?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I just don't understand what there is to make fun of? don't back down just because you have nothing left. How many 20-22 year olds do you know who have never done drugs, drink either not at all or very little and have their parents complete trust? Yes, it's about things that aren't real but it is a good game. It involves a lot, I know a lot of people who wouldn't be able to play well if they tried :001_rolle really, you haven't given a single reason that playing D&D is something to be made fun of other then that you think it is for no reason.

My own three children.

I'm not going to belittle you and I'm not going to argue with you about it either. I was simply referring to the memories of my Navy days when the D&D gang would take over an entire lounge just down the hall from my room, act strange, make a mountain of pizza boxes, play round the clock while keeping everyone near them awake and stink up the joint for the rest of the week. This is kind of what I was referring to a few posts back, not taking any personal jabs at you or anyone else here.

When I said it wasn't any fun picking on D&D if no one else was going to join in, that's exactly what I meant. Sometimes a little ribbing with a few members going back and fourth is fun. Things like this happen all the time here at B&B without hurting anyone. I wasn't trying to pick a fight.

So anyway, I'm ready to move on.

I think the D&D defense is a natural mechanism. Nerds traditionally get picked on so we fight back at the drop of a hat. I know I do.
OTOH baseless claims are funny sometimes.

Guys, say whatever you want. I just don't see the point if you don't have anything to back it up.

Jen,

I played D&D (three editions, including the blue book), AD&D (1st edition), Car Wars, Illuminati, and more long-forgotten games (Globbo, anyone? And hoorah, Planet Busters is back in print!) than you can shake a stick at. Despite a lifelong commitment to personal hygiene, I have geek gamer cred to poke fun at -- and defend -- gamers. In the last decade, I've come to own the fact that I'm a geek. Hell, you've seen my posts over on the Linux thread. That's just scratching the surface. But I've also developed a sense of humor about it (and not just the humor that leads me to buy OpenBSD t-shirts). Enjoy the jokes -- I didn't think they were derisive.

I think the D&D defense is a natural mechanism. Nerds traditionally get picked on so we fight back at the drop of a hat. I know I do.
OTOH baseless claims are funny sometimes.

Okay...

I've been piddling around with different versions of Linux for the past week or two. I help run game nights (board games that range from Settlers of Catan to Shadows Over Camelot to Power Grid to Whatever) locally.

Jim fixes computers as a job.

We're all members of a shaving forum and post here quite frequently. Most of us know what Rick Rolling and XKCD (The webcomic Jim likes so much) is. Most of us have even been Rick Rolled in binary.

So yes. We're all losers. Each and every one of us. So there. No more fighting. And no hard feelings.

Here at B&B, there's a lot of poking at people. It's all in good fun.

Now everyone... resume your loserly duties.

Okay...

I've been piddling around with different versions of Linux for the past week or two. I help run game nights (board games that range from Settlers of Catan to Shadows Over Camelot to Power Grid to Whatever) locally.

We're all members of a shaving forum and post here quite frequently. Most of us know what Rick Rolling and XKCD (The webcomic Jim likes so much) is. Most of us have even been Rick Rolled in binary.

So yes. We're all losers. Each and every one of us. So there. No more fighting. And no hard feelings.

Very well put. And I'm going to adopt "resume your loserly duties" as a catchphrase at work...:w00t:

You know what is sad? I don't even know what you guys are talking about. Now, I feel old and out of touch. I am going to go Google all of this stuff .

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Okay...

Very well put. And I'm going to adopt "resume your loserly duties" as a catchphrase at work...:w00t:

Cool, I like that. I'll be watching for a chance to work that in somewhere. Now where's that Linux thread...

Top Bottom