What's new

Best sandalwood scented soaps

I'm curious to know opinions on the best sandalwood scented soaps. For me it's Fine Accoutrements, Taylor of Old Bond Street and, assuming Tabac is sandalwood, Tabac!
Views welcome.

I've tried two sandalwood scents, DR Harris thanks to a generous offer of a sample, and TOBS. Both are good. I really like the DR Harris soap for performance, and love the TOBS for the scent.

I recently purchased the Art of Shaving sandalwood soap. I find it a little less perfumed than TOBS sandalwood. It's just lacking that perfume note. I find the scents to be of the same type or kind. I like both and would not feel the need to own both. Both lather well enough for me.

I

I love AoS tallow sandalwood, not sure if the new formula is same scent. And for Tabac it most certainly is not sandalwood. It is... Tabac.:tongue_sm
Pretty hard to describe for a novice of the olfactory senses such as myself. It's one of those love it or hate it kind of things.

I'm a big fan and there's a lot going on. You'll hear claims of tobacco, gingerbread, leather, musk, pepper and more.

Haslinger Sandalwood. I'm curious about trying L'Occitane Sandalwood. If I can stop myself from reordering Haslinger.

I'm curious to know opinions on the best sandalwood scented soaps. For me it's Fine Accoutrements, Taylor of Old Bond Street and, assuming Tabac is sandalwood, Tabac!
Views welcome.

Are you more interested in the best soap, or the best sandalwood scent?

For a good soap I'd +1 the suggestion of Haslinger, but these soaps come with mild scents.

TOBS is a great perfumed version of Sandalwood but a lot of people want a more natural scent. I really loved the Petal Pusher Fancies Sandalwood soap they had. A really earthy sandalwood scent. But since they merged, I have no idea if the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements is the same scent or not. I have been using Bain Amour Sandalwood and Patchouli and while it isn't strait up sandalwood, I really love how it smells. A rich earthy but kind of chocolaty scent.

TOBS is a great perfumed version of Sandalwood but a lot of people want a more natural scent. I really loved the Petal Pusher Fancies Sandalwood soap they had. A really earthy sandalwood scent. But since they merged, I have no idea if the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements is the same scent or not. I have been using Bain Amour Sandalwood and Patchouli and while it isn't strait up sandalwood, I really love how it smells. A rich earthy but kind of chocolaty scent.

I thought Petal Pusher Fancies and Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements were always the same product, just with different packaging?

I thought Petal Pusher Fancies and Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements were always the same product, just with different packaging?

Someone with a little more knowledge will probably come by and correct me, but I believe PAA was formed when PPF and How to Grow a Mustache (HTGAM) merged. I am sure formulas and scents are the same or similar...I just don't know for sure. Hope this helps.

My favorite true Sandalwood is Fine Santal Absolut. My favorite scent that has Sandalwood in it is Barrister and Mann Latha Sandalwood.

In our December Theme month thread right now the theme is Sandalwood. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/506460-December-Theme-Month-2016 Go take a look the last two days and for the next few days a lot of us will be using Sandalwood maybe you will see something new you want to try.
I haven't tried the Fine soap, but I love the way Santal Absolut aftershave smells.

Sent from the Danger Phone

My favorite true Sandalwood is Fine Santal Absolut. My favorite scent that has Sandalwood in it is Barrister and Mann Latha Sandalwood.
I used the Latha Sandalwood just a few days ago (sample package). Had a good shave with it ... but it smells as sweet as candy.
It may have sandalwood in it, but doesn't really smell like it.
I also own the TOBS Sandalwood which I like very much ... totally different smell from the B&M

I used the Latha Sandalwood just a few days ago (sample package). Had a good shave with it ... but it smells as sweet as candy.
I also own the TOBS Sandalwood which I like very much ... totally different smell from the B&M
Latha Sandalwood also contains currant scent, but I do like it. haslinger, T&H, TOBS and AOS all make great sandalwoods

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The QED glycerin soap and the AoS tallow are the best I ever tried scent wise.

I actually talked about this in my shave journal today. I used the Latha Sandalwood for this morning's shave. It is definitely sweet, but I feel while lathering the sandalwood comes out more and adds a nice complexity to the scent.

I have TOBS, PAA and Lather and Wood. Love them all, PAA and lather and wood are very similar and I prefer them over TOBS.

Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood & Myrrh is a great scent, but obviously not a pure sandalwood.

AoS Sandalwood and Fine Santal Absolut (which are almost exactly the same scent) are both great pure sandalwoods.

Top Bottom