What's new

Introducing the Brown Leaf 2016 LE Pipe

Paul just got his custom made stamps in, made exclusively for us. Though I'm not sure who else he could use them for. Too bad they're backwards.
$IMG_3552.jpg$IMG_3553.jpg

Paid and waiting. I was trading emails with Paul yesterday. He said that this order nearly killed him (not literally). So if we are thinking of having Paul do next year's pipes, we should give him a longer lead time. I am sure the amount of carving needed per pipe was extremely daunting. Either a longer lead time of a not-so intricately carved pipe. Just my $0.02. His work is stellar.

Paid and waiting. I was trading emails with Paul yesterday. He said that this order nearly killed him (not literally). So if we are thinking of having Paul do next year's pipes, we should give him a longer lead time. I am sure the amount of carving needed per pipe was extremely daunting. Either a longer lead time of a not-so intricately carved pipe. Just my $0.02. His work is stellar.
Sheesh! Can I get this year's pipe in my hot little hands before we start talking about next year's? :laugh:

Valid points, though. There was an unfortunate combination of circumstances which led to the short lead time with this year's pipe - hopefully next year we won't have the same challenges.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I don't at all mind lead time, and I'd hate to see any sort of "lead time" pressure put upon anyone making the LE pipes. If it takes longer, it takes longer. I'll survive, and I imagine everyone else also would.

I know the carver wants to set a delivery date for his own sake, and we all appreciate having idea when it might show up, but I don't consider it a promise. Likewise, I'm not going to get all out of whack if something holds up the works. Anyone who would might want to just load up a bowl and light up.

:pipe:

I don't at all mind lead time, and I'd hate to see any sort of "lead time" pressure put upon anyone making the LE pipes. If it takes longer, it takes longer. I'll survive, and I imagine everyone else also would.

I know the carver wants to set a delivery date for his own sake, and we all appreciate having idea when it might show up, but I don't consider it a promise. Likewise, I'm not going to get all out of whack if something holds up the works. Anyone who would might want to just load up a bowl and light up.

:pipe:

I'm with this. It's only an estimate. There is an insane amount of work that goes into these between the backroom work here and the pipe carver. As long as we can roll out one pipe a year (whenever that may be), we should all be very happy.

I'm with this. It's only an estimate. There is an insane amount of work that goes into these between the backroom work here and the pipe carver. As long as we can roll out one pipe a year (whenever that may be), we should all be very happy.

Exactly. I don't care when I get it, just as long as I get it.

4 w/o tampers shipped Friday, the rest were shipping today. He wanted to do a little more finishing and buffing on the tampers. The next time you see these, they will be in your sweaty little hands gents! Enjoy!
$IMG_3622.jpg

Top Bottom