What's new

What's Your Favorite Splash and Balm?

So far I have only been using Skin Bracer and Nivea AS balm with great results. As with most people in this community I would like to expand my arsenal of shaving goods.

So please, let me know your top picks for a splash and a balm.

Splash- Aqua Velva
Balm- For the winter I go with Brut moisturizing (my son got me hooked on it!!). During the summer I usually do not need a balm.

tough to narrow down, hmmmmm..

ok..

- pinaud clubman virgin island bay rum
- listerine (gold)
- old spice leather
- skin bracer cooling blue
- skin bracer cool spice
- pinaud clubman special reserve

i do not use balms. i find them to be a greasy mess that just complicates and ruins the end product.

Splash: Trumper's Limes aftershave. (Oh, come on! You knew that was coming. :biggrin: )

Balm: Crabtree & Evelyn natural A/S balm.

Hmmm. A bit like asking what's your favorite ice cream? All of them! If forced to narrow it down I'd have to say:

Splash: Pinaud Citrus Musk and English Leather*

Balm: Don't use

*These are just the two that popped into my head first today. My answer could change tomorrow or next week or in two minutes. I reserve that right. :biggrin:

Splash: Thayer's Witch Hazel (unscented)
Balm: The Body Shop Razor Relief (old formulation in light brown tube)

Splash: in Rotation, Royal Bay Rhum, Old Spice, Vintage Aqua Velva Redwood

Balm: also in Rotation: AOS Sandlewood, Neutrogena PSL, Mama Bear

I love Proraso's splash AND balm, but QED also has an incredible balm that I use just as often as the Proraso, containing Tea Tree oil, Peppermint, and Patchouli. Pairs up beautifully with sandalwood creams and scents.

Another wonderful balm to try is by Wesley & Scott (house brand of www.shavingessentials.com) - try the lime formulation. Excellent value, VERY effective, smells WONDERFUL.

AAAAND if you're looking for an interesting variety of splashes to try for fairly cheap, go to The Shave Den's sample store (http://www.theshaveden.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=23) and order the TSD aftershave samples in whatever flavors you want. Include menthol in any of the flavors for chilling effects. Very cool way to try a lot of splashes, and their quality is top notch.

Top Bottom