What's new

Via Barberia from Omega Brush Brand - Hitted again!

Guys,
in Italy there is already launched the new line of shaving stuff from Omega. The same from the world famous brushes.

Line name is "Via Barberia" recalling one of the most beautiful streets of Bologna. All the line is made in house under strict parameters of quality.
Three great fragrances for starting: Aquae (got it), Fructi (next coming) and Herbae (want!)
All three lines really great elegant scents and are sporting skin relaxing performances for your skin.

They are going top notch this time with soaps, (although even the old cream has a new fantastic formula... starting with myristic that I love) with a full line starting from pre-shave, shaving cream, shaving soap, after shave and the skin serum (skin serum a must buy fantastic, really fantastic... this serum i'm using these days).
They're using all natural, all vegan, all natural ingredients.

From their site www.viabarberia.com

Trusting our experience,
we created a complete selection of products
making use of the best natural ingredients,
for a pleasing and effective
“every day” ritual for you.

Via Barberia by Pennellificio Omega.
From now on… shaving just lives here!

This is my gift set, Aquae with a limited edition Omega Hi-Brush shaving brush... Anyone that knows me knows that I love synthetics one and this is breathless beauty from my favorite color, orange.

proxy.php

I personally did a dry run on this (means lathering but not fully shaving), and first impressions are that now Omega is going stellar. Especially for the skin serum and the shaving creams.
Scent is like a fresh cologne and the performance should be consistently high. Lather is rich and moisturizing.
Yes another italian hit at a fair price.

Now I'm gouing to buy also the Fructi line of soap and skin serum...

Soon more news!

Last edited:
Beautiful presentation box! I look forward to your shaving review. I must admit... that is one of the most beautiful brushes I have seen in a gift set, usually they are boring, the orange really goes well with the box, enjoy!

The Skin serum Fructi is already reviewed many times in the ​The B&B Lime Shaveoff Thread here http://bit.ly/236gUjF.
I used the fructi because I think was the best match for the Lime, since the fructi is a fresh agrumi based scent.

I have many samples of all line but soon I will buy more.
For sure...

I will go for the whole week to test the new line Via Barberia from Omega.This new line is a new Italian star coming in the shaving firmament.
Ann all Italian Shave week obviously.
I decided to not use any ropes have, as I do for each new soap that I test.
Just hot rinses and pre wetting with my handmade soap.

The soap From Via Barberia has a hard creamy consistency.
It's in the Italian Croap tradition, but a little softer.

This Via Barberia Aquae soap sports an incredible scent that is elegant, classy, like a high end EDT. Marine fragrance I'd say.

Lathering the soap was very easy and in few swirls straight from the tub were enough to achieve a rich lather.
This lather is fantastic. Creamy but light in the same way. Very moisturizing. If I have to think a term I'd like to say very silky

The Omega hi-brush from the gift set has the same backbone and great performance of any hi-brush series. Lovely and cool!

The Garibaldi straight razor was chose to day as a great starter. It was indeed a great shave.
Post shave was excellent. As you can imagine the skin was like after a spa treatment.
This skin serum is miraculous...

Brush: Omega Via Barberia Limited Edition Aquae

Razor: Garibaldi

Soap: Via Barberia Aquae

AS: Via Barberia Aquae skin serum

EDT: L'erbolario Fresca Corteccia

proxy.php

SOTD 19/4/16

I have the skin still soft from the last morning shave and also for today I decided to not use any pre shave. Just hot rinses.
Also for today I confirm that the soap From Via Barberia has a hard creamy consistency. A lovely texture indeed.
The scent power of Via Barberia Aquae soap is just lovely. Not too much, not too little. I love strong scents but this is just right.
Lathering is very few swirls straight from the tub are sure enough to have a big load.
This lather is fantastic. Creamy, light, moisturizing, silky
Today brush is its Majesty the Omega 48. The big brush with great muscles but velvet hands is perfect to have a great lather with this soap.
Going mild with the CoCiNa il Soldatino razor. Used a 7th day Kai and performance is quite good. Little razor, incredible blade, good deal.
Post shave was excellent and even today I was undecided to us the ViaBarberia Skin serum. But I did it using very little. Skin reborn.

Razor: CoCiNa il Soldatino razor
Blade: Kai (7)
Soap: Via Barberia Aquae
AS: Via Barberia Aquae skin serum
EDT: L'erbolario Vetiver de la reunion
Music: Janis Joplin

proxy.php

Face Skin is perfect all over the day. This morning so called whiskers are going to be softened only by hot water.

Via Barberia Herbae shaving cream is the other scent available. Same delicious performance but with fresh herbal scent. A little bit stronger will be perfect.

So also today easy fantastic lather. Creamy, light, moisturizing, silky for any faces.

Today brush is the Hi-brush synthetic one from the gift box. Lovely soft perfect with this silky shaving cream of today.

Going again with the Italian Army vintage razor the CoCiNa il Soldatino razor. Used a 8th day Kai and performance is still rocking good!

Post shave was excellent as I'm sure with these soaps line. But I used the skin serum as Ending and... Mamma mia! Wow

Razor: CoCiNa il Soldatino razor
Blade: Kai (8)
Soap: Via Barberia Herbae
AS: Via Barberia Herbae skin serum

EDT: L'erbolario Vetiver de la reunion
Music: George Clinton

proxy.php

SOTD 22 April 2016

Via Barberia Fructi shaving cream is delicate over the skin but certainly effective and so enjoyable.
Scent is on the righ side, not too strong not too mild. Delicate citrusy scent to me it's perfect.
It's the first time i'm going to really love a citrusy scent. A grapefruit and citrus lovely note so lovely IMO.
So today I had easy fantastic creamy lather. This shaving line is fabulous.
Great cushion, good life but a wonderful post shave overall. The skin is relaxed and moisturized thanks.
My great S-brush managed the soap perfectly.
I love big knots, also synthetics because I'm a tireless face latherer.
Fatip Grande Gold was flattening everything down in just two passes.i made a third pass just because I had some..
Another excellent relaxed post shave today ruled by the ViaBarberia after shave serum.

Brush: Omega S-brush
Razor: Fatip Grande Gold
Blade: Bolzano SuperInox (6)
Soap: Via Barberia Fructi
AS: Via Barberia Fructi skin serum
EDT: L'erbolario Fresca Essenza
Music: Prince

proxy.php

Probably New Omega Via Barberia products needs some more time to be distributed and so known.

I can happily make another review soon, but I will be gladly happy to know if any shaving fella has tried them.

In the meantime I bought also Fructi soon. There will be the Herbae..

Today I feel honored to be one of the few people in North America who has shaved with the new Omega Via Barberia line of high-end shaving products. They were a generous gift from a friend, who knew I've been dying to try them.

The feeling of the soap dry is like no other - it's very slippery without being greasy, like highly polished Teflon. Not much scent, but what is there is distinctly fresh smelling. I thought it would smell like the ocean, but instead, it smells like water.

Lathering time. This soap makes lather IMMEDIATELY. There were suds coming off the puck before the second swirl. I loaded for only about 10 seconds and started to build the lather on my face (because bowls are for cereal, not shaving ;-) The lather is not thick or voluminous, but it's not thin and watery either. The scent doesn't evolve when lathered like some other soaps; it smells the same wet or dry. The scent is there, classy and unobtrusive, and not overpowering.

The shave was smooth and pleasant. For my ATG pass, I purposely applied the lather very thinly to gauge residual slickness. This stuff is slippery as snot; there was no tugging or discomfort. All in all, a very good soap from a company that is known for low-priced high-value mass produced products. I hope people judge this soap based on performance and not blindly think that because it's Omega, it's low end.

Finished the shave with the matching serum. Consistency is not quite balm-like, but more viscous than Witch Hazel. The Fructi smelled amazing, so good that I did not apply a splash afterwards. Here we are three hours later and my face feels amazing. I don't know if the post-shave feel is due to the soap or the serum (probably both) but I can't stop touching my face.

Sounds amazing. Will it be available in the U.S. and what price are we looking at? The description of Fructi is hitting all my "need to get!" buttons. :tongue_sm

I bought the hard soaps in Acquae and Herbae scents from Gifts & Care, and they sent me a couple of samples of the serum. These are excellent soaps at a very good price. The shea butter leaves a really nice post-shave feel. I put these soaps in the same rank as Pre de Provence, which is one of my all-time favourites. I tried one of the samples of the post shave serum (Fructi scent) and it made my face feel like baby skin for the whole day. Couldn't stop rubbing my face. Really top notch stuff, and I'll definitely be keeping it in my rotation going forward.

Top Bottom