What's new

The Two-Pass (CONUS) Passaround Box

No problem, I use it, but not all the time, so I decided I could share some. I hope I gave you enough. It is a great scent...very fresh and clean. I might not really smell like ocean water, but it smell like how I think the ocean should smell like. Glad you enjoyed!

Yes I think I got enough in a nice little bottle thanks. Yes it's a nice fresh clean scent. I just noticed it has an octopus on the cover of the packaging so I guess that's the connection to the ocean.

Hey, Al, just checking in. Were you able to make some picks? I would love to see your takes.

Also, I want to make sure the box isn't lost in transit. If you have a tracking number, could you post it?

Sorry for the delay in getting this in the mail. The box has been in the back of my car, but I've been slammed at work the last two weeks and haven't made it to the Post Office. I tried to go to a PO off base, but they were out of the larger boxes & this box won't make the short trip. Fingers crossed that I can make it in today and get this off to you. Once it is in the mail, I'll post pics of my takes.

My takes (everything but the tech; I was going to grab it to PIF to a friend, but wound up not needing it)

$C502179C-8F68-48A3-92F8-D18D7DB36978.jpg

Draggon Noir AS
Razorock Tobacco #1
Mikey Lee's Pre-shave butter (peppermint)
444 ASB
Palmolive stick
cella sample
GEM micromatic

Just got home and the box is here! I can't wait to unpack it, savor the look and smell, and put a bow on this little passaround... :001_smile

This was quite an experience! Hopefully there is plenty in there for you and whatever you don't like you can start another one or PIF away. Thanks again!

Sent from the Danger Phone

Just got home and the box is here! I can't wait to unpack it, savor the look and smell, and put a bow on this little passaround... :001_smile

This was a great passaround but aren't you going take some items as well like you did last time. Maybe a dumb question since you are keeping the box.

@bingo82d @dangerousdon @againstthegrain @coramdeo412 @polishaver @horvy @bobmsp @Jcan88 @rockero @Al_S

Guys, thanks again for the kind words. I've had a really good time (and, I won't lie, a bit of stress) organizing and herding this passaround. I certainly couldn't do this on my own, so I thank each and every one of you for your participation. I sincerely hope that you all found at least one item that is a "keeper". Please feel free to come back to the thread every now and then to review something that you got from the box!

@dangerousdon and @rockero - I am sure that there will be plenty in the box for my den. The cool thing is how much it's changed since I seeded the box! I do plan to start another 2PPB in the future (after a couple of months), so anything that doesn't tickle my personal fancy - and, of course, some items that do - will go into seeding the new box. I've already got some wild-find razors set aside and ready to go into the next one.

@Jcan88 - I tried the sample of Anne Bonny that you sent. What a great soap! Thanks so much for sending the samples. If there's any Dr. Jon's in the box, I'm grabbing it!

Cheers,
Brandon

[MENTION=92850]FoolishMortal[/MENTION] you're welcome and hopefully we will be reading a review of the Clubman soap.

One thing I want to say as I had the email exchanges with you on getting the items to put in the box is you mentioned to me to look at other items besides shaving items and think of the other forums such as the cafe, haberdashery and others. I had lots of fun venturing out to others forums and getting items besides shaving items. And these items were available at several brick and mortar stores that were close to my home. Like a couple days ago I went to one of my local supermarkets and I happened to pass the sauces aisle and saw like 6-7 different brands of sauces that are probably not available in other states. I mean they had Tapatio and Cholula and several others. That made me think of the hot sauce bottle I took out of the box that Dangerousdon put in I think. I am saying this because maybe for the next passaround if there is one you can talk about looking at other forums when thinking of putting items in the box.

Also, can we still write up reviews even though the passaround is over. I still need to review some other items?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
By all means, please continue to post reviews! I'll come back to review some of the items that I took, too, and definitely encourage everyone to do the same.

And with that, I'll post my final takes:

$2PPB_Final_Takes.jpg

Benjamins Bay Rum - Thanks for putting this in, Brian. I haven't cracked the seal yet, but when I run out of my current bottle of Dominica, I'll definitely give this a try.

Pinaud Clubman - A generous gift from Jesse. SWMBO likes Pinaud Clubman AS on me and when I asked her to smell this, she said, "Oooh, that's nice!" I like it, too.

Rhodia pad, Eccolo journal and TWSBI demonstrator pen - I've been looking for suitable paper, since I owe another B&Ber a letter. The journal will find a place, probably as a repository for random scratchings. I like the idea of demonstrator pens and this TWSBI is pretty cool. It's a bit chunkier than my other pens, but I find it comfortable to use, even though others aren't in love with the grip section. I have it inked with Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue and need to decide if I like the fairly broad/wet nib.

Moustache socks - As soon as my 11-year-old son saw them, he asked if he could have them. Of course I said no...but I've relented. I want to see him wearing them to school.

Boticario de Havana shave creme - The list of ingredients includes orange EO and coffee essence. I'm intrigued.

Stirling Barbershop - I completely love Stirling products and haven't had a chance to try the Barbershop. Now I can.

I think the only thing that came back to me was my Fat Handled Tech, which I find surprising, but I'll call it a win! Of course, I used the handle with an Old Type head this morning and got a great shave on two days' growth.

There's a bunch of other stuff left over that will make a nice start to the next box, too. A few razors, a few soaps, a brush and some non-shaving items. Oh, and thanks to you guys for taking the blades! There were maybe 25 or so left over rather than the hundred(s) that I was afraid would come back to me.

If you want to participate in the next one, keep your eyes peeled for a thread in June. I'm only going to take 11 (besides myself), with preference given to new participants, but I'm sure that there will be a slot or two available. I'm also going to mess with the order a bit so that the box doesn't get stale.

Cheers!
Brandon

[MENTION=92850]FoolishMortal[/MENTION] nice takes and thanks again for the superb pass-around. It's hard to believe that we are about two and a half months shy of a year on this. Good luck to your next pass-around!

Top Bottom