What's new

Society of Injector Shavers (the SISSIES)

Greetings gents,

Here's my requisite info:

1. I currently have two injector razors and I have two more in the mail coming to me.

2. G8 and J3 Golden 500. PAL adjustable and L type are in the mail.

3. Recent convert so all of them for the last three weeks.

4. Have only used the G8 so far, but I like it a lot.

5. Need more field data before I can answer this.

6. Injector razors should be a LOT more popular than they are.

Schick Type F Injector....:w00t:
proxy.php

Another Shot....:w00t:
proxy.php

And lastly....:w00t:
proxy.php

Head Size & Blade Exposure Comparison ...:w00t:
proxy.php

I received my Schick Type F in the post a few days ago from the USA....I gave it a polish and it came up Shiny, Shiny....The Schick Type F was made in 1941 and was only made for a few months because precious alloy metals were commandeered for the war effort....The Schick Type F is made of high quality polished Aluminium, Copper & Brass Comb.....These are very rare and hard to find at the right price...I just sit and look at this thing as its absolutely beautiful ....I have been informed that these were one of the smoothest shavers ever made....:tongue_sm

I loaded the Type F with an NOS Schick Platinum injector Blade....Martin (Dodgy) had informed me to be careful loading these.....The Type F is very tricky to load and it took a moment of farting about as the key doesn't seem inject the blade all the way across....I found that it loads easier when the razor is empty for some reason...:w00t:

Three Pass Shaving Routine....:tongue_sm

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Schick Type F Injector
Chinese Schick Injector Blade (New)
Semogue Classic 208 Boar Brush
Alphy & Becs Natural Shaving Soap - With Jojoba Oil - Vitamin E
Organic Aloe Vera Gel
LOGONA Man Aftershave Balm (From Germany)

During my first pass I thought the Schick Type F was living up to its reputation as being a very smooth shaver and then I was suddenly getting a very Ruff Ride....The Damn Thing Stopped Cutting.....I decided to change the blade as it was a DUD I thought and opted for an NOS Schick Krona Blade instead.....I am away on Maiden Shave again with the Schick Type F and I completed my WTG Pass without further incident....I went for my Second XTG pass and I was getting a Very Rough Ride Again....I mean this thing was as Rough as a Badgers A+se and talk about uncomfortable.....I was having the worst shaving experience of my life here folks and I kid you not I wasn't a Happy Hector.....I was thinking that the Schick Type F was a Piece of Old Junk that was only Fit for the Bin....:blush:

I Farted about with all sorts of shaving angles and I had it in my mind that I may have been spoiled recently with my experience's with the Personna Executive & Floating Head Injectors....I sort of ruled out a second DUD blade .....I was really disappointed in the Schick Type F Injector as I ended up with a Mediocre Shave and it was very uncomfortable.....I was thinking of sticking the Schick Type F up on EBay and letting some other bugger have the Pleasure of Shaving with its Company.....I was Miffed to say the least....:lol:

Yesterday I decided to have another attempt with the Schick Type F as it was annoying me....I decided to load it with a Chinese Schick Injector Blade...The Krona Blade might not be agreeing with it I thought...That was when I realized that I must have Ruined the previous blades whilst attempting to load it....I was using a Chinese Schick Injector Key and it seemed to fit the F Type better ....I still had to make sure the blade was seated correctly but it was easier to load....:thumbup1:

Well...What a complete turn around as the F Type was being transformed into a Magic Wand....I was in Love Again with my Schick Type F Injector....Schick Type F is so Smooth, Smooth and it was indeed living up to is reputation...I cant get away with the performance of the Schick Type F Injector...Its way up there with the Personna Executive & Floating Head Injectors for sure and probably then some ....I was thinking to myself that this thing may perhaps be the GRAND ULTIMATE SCHICK INJECTOR ....I thought my Type D was the business, but this thing is a totally different animal as the Head Dimensions are a lot bigger and it has a fair amount of Blade Exposure....It leaves your Skin just Smooth, Smooth, Smooth like nothing else I can compare it to....I would say its quite an aggressive shaver on the whiskers but ever so forgiving and mild towards the face....A bit of a paradox, I know....:001_cool:

I ended up with the Most Perfect Ultra Smooth Super Close Grand Ultimate BBS Result.....:lol:

The Schick Type F Injector does live up to its reputation as the Grand Ultimate Schick Injector and its up there with the Personna Executive & Floating Head Injectors that's for sure and maybe then some...:w00t:

Billy

Sounds like a happy camper! :thumbup:

Yeah, I sure am Karl...It has some similar shaving characteristic's of the British made Personna Executive....Similar head size and blade exposure set up..:001_cool:

1. I currently have 5.

2. All Schick: an E2, G2, G2, I1, and a Schick Stick

3. 99.9% of the time I use an Injector. Rarely, I'll pull out one of my DEs.

4. Depends on the day...if I haven't shaved in a few days, the E2 is awesome. On consecutive days, I like the I1 since it's mild.

5. Hard to say, I like them all, but probably the Schick Stick. Only gotten one good shave out of it.

6. So glad I discovered them. They seem to work best for me. Tried a couple of Gem SEs, and couldn't get a good shave at all. Injectors give me a closer shave than DEs, with little to no irritation, even with very sensitive skin!

A hearty welcome to both of you gentlemen. How many shaves do you have on your injector blade now, rockero? Last I heard, you were up to 23.

The Society of Injector Shavers

(SISSIES)

Introduction - In commemoration of Col. Jacob Schick's inspired invention of the Injector Razor in 1926, this club is established for lovers of what many consider to be the ultimate development of safety razor technology. The Injector Razor went through many years of evolution, culminating in the Schick Type O razor in 2001. While Injector razors are, sadly, no longer being manufactured, there are enough of them available in vintage form to satisfy the needs of aficionados.

The original models (A - C, as classified by Alan G. Appleby) included an internal blade magazine, somewhat like the magazine of a rifle. Col. Schick's goal was to make a razor that was convenient to use and inherently safe because the blades didn't need to be handled by the user. Starting in 1935 with the introduction of the Type D, the internal magazine was replaced with an external injector magazine which simplified the loading of the blade while providing an even higher level of safety. All subsequent models continued the use of the external magazine. Some included the ability to be opened for cleaning, but that increases the possibility of injury from handling the blade, and is really not necessary because the design of the Injector Razor makes it inherently self-cleaning whenever a new blade is injected.

From the D Type in 1935 to the O Type in 2001, the razors underwent continued development and refinement. Schick razors were made in the United States and Canada, but two other Injector Razor manufacturers emerged in the 1950s. They were PAL and Personna, and they had factories both in the U.S. and in the UK. The British factories introduced models that were subtly different than the American ones. In Japan, the Feather Company made their own Injector Razor which was superb, in the tradition of Japanese cutting implements.

Injector Razors are characterized by their ease of use, safety, efficiency, comfort, and long blade life. They are excellent tools, and deserve to be cherished and used, even though they are no longer made. They are still readily available on auction and vintage web sites, and in antique stores and flea markets, at generally inexpensive prices, and the blades are still available on-line and are of extremely high quality. The two current blades are the Schick which is made in China, and the Personna which is made in the U.S. and appears under many different house brands.

Please join me in celebrating one of the high points in shaving history by honoring Col. Schicks invention. An excellent source of information on Schick Injector razors is www.renaldo.us/SchickRazors.php

Membership Qualifications - You must own at least one Injector razor, and you must use it at least occasionally. Additionally, you must make a post on this thread containing the following information:

A great idea for a club and about time. Great job.

1. Tell how many Injector Razors are in your stable.
16 - and I have PIffed a couple. I also have some Vintage blades​
2. Tell the types that you own.
Consisting of E's, G's, a J, 4 L's, a M, a N and 2 Hydromagics, 1 Lady Eversharp and 1 ordinary.​
3. Tell what percentage of your shaves are with Injector Razors compared to DEs, SEs, and other types.
15 - 20% of my shaves are with Injectors​
4. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the best, and why.
I like the older E's and G's because of the short handles and the aggressiveness. I like the M for the aggressiveness as well. They all give me a great shave.​
5. Say which Injector Razor(s) you like the least, and why.
The less aggressive razors i do not like as much as the more aggressive ones.​
6. Give your conclusions about Injector Razors.
I really like the Injectors. I tried one in the 70's and did not get along well with it, but now I do not get a poor shave from them.​
Pics would be nice, but are not required.

This will qualify you to add SISSIES to your signature.

I am a SISSY, and I'm proud of it. Join me and Be a SISSY.

Here is my stable

proxy.php

Very nice collection. I particularly like the black-handled E. The only other one that I have heard of belongs to Alan (Coolbus18). Is it a Canadian Type E?

Yes. It is Canadian. It is hard to tell with the Canadian schicks where the E stops and the G begins. All of my Canadian injectors have the pat. 1937 head and some including the black handle have Eversharp stamped on the rivet washer.
All this talk about injectors got me wanting more than 1 shave a week with then and I used the black handled one this morning. A great close comfortable shave. BBS and AGAIG.
$uploadfromtaptalk1439486102419.jpg

Yes. It is Canadian. It is hard to tell with the Canadian schicks where the E stops and the G begins. All of my Canadian injectors have the pat. 1937 head and some including the black handle have Eversharp stamped on the rivet washer.
All this talk about injectors got me wanting more than 1 shave a week with then and I used the black handled one this morning. A great close comfortable shave. BBS and AGAIG.
View attachment 593351
I have a Canadian E Type as well with the Black Handle....Its not got the lugs on the side of the spring though....There were two Black handled Canadian E types as far as I know...One was made by the Repeating Razor Company and the other later one by Eversharp....There was also a USA Made Black Handled E Type 2 & 5 as well....:001_cool:

Last edited:
I have a Canadian E Type as well with the Black Handle....Its not got the lugs on the side of the spring though....There were two Black handled Canadian E types as far as I know...One was made by the Repeating Razor Company and the other later one by Eversharp....There was also a USA Made Black Handled E Type 2 & 5 as well....:001_cool:
Thanks for the info.

I'm wondering if we can get SISSIES added to the acronym list on the Wiki? If there is a steward or mod reading this perhaps you can weigh in?

Thanks!

I asked skypsyd, the steward of this sub forum, about getting into the Wiki before I started this thread, and he said that we could be added to the Wiki later, as it is a repository of the Clubs and Brotherhoods threads. Regarding being added to the acronyms, I confess that I don't know how to do that. I'll PM skypsyd and ask.

Karl, I PMed Dave (skypsyd) about it, and he said he would check on it. Before I could finish typing a response to his PM, he had already PMed me that it was done. Now, that's what I call service. I think we are extremely lucky to have a gentleman like that as the Steward of this thread. :thumbup1:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I am beginning to work my way through my six new injector razors. So far I am impressed by the shave quality. Once I get through a couple more of them, i will join your esteemed club!

Karl, I PMed Dave (skypsyd) about it, and he said he would check on it. Before I could finish typing a response to his PM, he had already PMed me that it was done. Now, that's what I call service. I think we are extremely lucky to have a gentleman like that as the Steward of this thread. :thumbup1:

Thanks Steve. Sorry it took so long LOL:blush:

Nice one Stevie....:thumbup1:

Billy

1. 15 or more
2. Type's G, L including Stick Schick and Schick Grip, M, and N. Gillette Twinjector. Personna. A few Pal Injectomatic's
3. Not enough!
4. My Stick Schick, my first and a fun design. Very mild like my Krona.
5. No comment.
6. Very smooth.

$DSC_0423.jpg

$DSC_0437.jpg

$DSC_0425.jpg

$DSC_0426.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom