What's new

Futura vs. Mach 3

An odd faceoff? Maybe, but my Futura is my least favorite shaver (got 7 DEs) and I only use the Mach 3 when I travel so I thought what the hell...

I shaved for 6 days alternating them and the Mach 3 won.

Why? Probably for the same reasons I don't rate the Futura highly (bad under the nose and too fat--feeling like I'm shaving with gloves on). But also because of the results. 2 easy passes to bbs on the Mach 3, never perfect with the Futura.

There you have it: scientific proof! LOL

Do you mean the Merkur Futur? I'm not aware of a Futura. Assuming the former, is it just the Futur that compares unfavorably to the Mach3, or do you prefer the Mach3 to DEs in general?

Sure, lets talk razors instead of spelling, good idea.

I haven't found it helpful to lump DEs together or carts for that matter.

A. My favorite razors are my Fat Boy and Slim, followed by an EJ DE89.
B. The mach 3 comes next (relegated to travel).
C. Then, last and rarely used the Futur(a) and vintage Hoffritz slant (travel version).

my mind is not yet made up on the Futur(a). It's mad aggressive, but I feel so clumsy with it in my hands. Love my Slim and Super adjustables and get a routinely better shave. I'm still working on getting the perfect shave with the futur.

Sure, lets talk razors instead of spelling, good idea.

To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure which razor you were talking about. I hadn't heard of a "Futura" before your post, and therefore wasn't sure if you were referring to the Futur, or some other razor of which I wasn't aware. Hence, I was actually seeking clarification, not being pedantic.

Well I am happy that according to thee "Ron Scott", I am using the correct travel razor. Whether scientific or not....

Top Bottom