What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

I really wasn´t planning to use this Puma 69 (half hollow) today, but it was so tempting. When reading German forums I often imagine that I can trace a pattern: There´s straight razors and then there´s Solingen razors and finally there´s vintage Puma razors. It might be me imagining, but I also se the a pattern in pricing, and there´s some sellers that sell vintage Puma razors under a separate section and for higher prices.

Anyhow I´m very happy to own this 69, I looked for one very much everywhere for more than a year before I found one that was both affordable and in good condition. I have a thing for thumb notch razors.

$2015-03-28 07.34.03.jpg

Had this Les Croix honed by Morihei San on an Ozuku Asagi in Tokyo...Never could get a great shave with it before today.
Loved the shave, the razor and...the blueish stone who took care of it.

Last edited:
Had this Les Croix honed by Morihei San on an Ozuku Asagi in Tokyo...Never could get a great shave with it before today.
Loved the shave, the razor and...the blueish stone who took care of it.
Nice Les Croix! The same maker offered a real nice 14 for the Spanish market called Tres Cruces. You don't see many of those either.

That is gorgeous!

Eany, meany, miney, moe
I've said it before and I'll say it again, your Red Imps ROCK!!

I really wasn´t planning to use this Puma 69 (half hollow) today, but it was so tempting. When reading German forums I often imagine that I can trace a pattern: There´s straight razors and then there´s Solingen razors and finally there´s vintage Puma razors. It might be me imagining, but I also se the a pattern in pricing, and there´s some sellers that sell vintage Puma razors under a separate section and for higher prices.

Anyhow I´m very happy to own this 69, I looked for one very much everywhere for more than a year before I found one that was both affordable and in good condition. I have a thing for thumb notch razors.

View attachment 561928
Beautiful!

Kayser Steel, Unknown maker 15/16.. Doc Restored. The only edge I own that isn't my own :)

$IMG_0137.jpg

Wonderful shave off it today.

Dovo 6/8ths recovered from my mishap. You may remember that I flicked water from the Dovo and encountered the sink. I have re-created the bevel, honed and stropped. I have developed a blood oath with the Dovo. Today we worked together. Celebrate with me - first SR shave without alum! I may be getting the hang of this.

Top Bottom