What's new

SOTD "Luxury" Theme Week 30 March- 5 April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt like a "Bay Rum Day" to me...
This vintage Schick blade is still smooth and sharp after shave #7.

Have a great shave and a great day, everyone!
:thumbup:

$SOTD 040315.jpg

Mike's Natural Bay Rum | TGN 24mm Finest | iKon OCC/Bulldog | Schick "Swede" (7)
Ogallala Bay Rum

Friday

'57 Red Tip Superspeed
Astra SS blade (10th use)
VdH Boar
VdH Luxury Soap
Kroger Arctic Blue AS

Tossed the blade after this many uses...
got more shaves from it than I thought I would.
Since it's luxury week I decided I'd use this particular soap....

2014 LE B&B Rudy Vey Two-band
Stirling Bergamot Lavender shave soap
Senator/ Rapira Platinum Lux
Taylor of Old Bond Street Luxury Herbal Aftershave Cream
Christian Dior Leather Oud

Last edited:
WiteQ * Dave * Celestino * Michael.., thank you all kindly!

Detailed the car and prepped the bicycle today! Here comes outdoor photography season! :thumbup1:

SOTD 04-03-15

proxy.php

ATT Kronos M2 / Astra sp
Simpsons Persian Jar 2 Best Badger Shaving Brush
D. R. Harris Shaving Soap - Lavender
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal a/s
Polo Green EdC

Gentlemen,

After an extended absence, let me just say that it is impressive to see the continued excellent quality of shaves and SOTD posts, and the high caliber of gentlemanly conduct here in the thread! Well done!

Toots Shor: "Nuttin' Fancy"
L1027726 - Version 2 on Flickr

An ash tray from Toots Shor's restaurant on 51st St. in NYC (and, later, on 52nd St).

1937 Sheraton
Polsilver SI
Simpson 32
Martin de Candre Fougere
Saponificio Varese Felce Aromatica
Man's Face Stuff mustache wax

Toots Shor, one of the few, if any, people ever to outdrink Jackie Gleason (allegedly, Gleason was left passed out on the floor).

"Once while standing outside his restaurant with Frank Sinatra while looking at a crowd of screaming fans being held back by police, Toots reached in his pocket, pulled out a dollar bill and said to Frank, 'Here kid go across the street and buy me a paper.'"

"At the Opera with friends during the intermission Toots declared, 'I bet I'm the only bum in this joint that doesn't know how this thing ends.'"

"According to David Halberstam in his book The Summer of '49, guests had to observe the unwritten 'code' which prevailed in Shor's establishment. Charlie Chaplin, who was not privy to that code, was made to wait in line. When Chaplin complained, Shor told him to entertain the others who were waiting in line. One day, Hollywood boss Louis B. Mayer complained about waiting twenty minutes for a table and said, 'I trust the food will be worth all that waiting.' Shor replied: 'It'll be better'n some of your crummy pictures I stood in line for.'"

(source: wikipedia)

"Crum-Bums" = people Toots liked well.
Who needs to be a millionaire when you can live like one.

Last edited:
TGIF Shave for Friday 03Apr15

At the last minute today I decided to change to a different

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Tea Tree Bath Soap, Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face WashDeodorant: Mennen Speed Stick *Rinse and Wipe face Wet wash cloth soaked in Cold WaterRinse and Wipe face Wet wash cloth soaked in Cold Water
Apply Pre-Shave Oil; Shave Secret
Shaving Mug: VDH Luxury Mug
Shaving Soap:
Klar Kabinett
Razor: ATT R-1 88mm Kronos Handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword DE Blade (4)
Brush: "Old Corps"& "Oscar 11" Custom 28/65mm TGN Finest Badger F-2 Knot Resin Handle Brush
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails A/S

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

proxy.php

proxy.php

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard). Wilkinson Sword Classic DE Blade.(4)
This is The Fourth Shave on this Blade.
I will again be Face Lathering. I will use a Ice Cold Wet Wash Cloth on my face again as I have in the past week .I will again shave with Cold Water.

This will be the 7th. Day of 30 Day Rule using, a ATT Razor R-1 Base Plate 88-mm. Kronos Handle

SOTD 04-03-15

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b608/Philip_Mylrea/sotd 040315 glassover_zps2g7ox0af.jpg

ATT Kronos M2 / Astra sp
Simpsons Persian Jar 2 Best Badger Shaving Brush
D. R. Harris Shaving Soap - Lavender
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal a/s
Polo Green EdC

The Veg and Polo together. Brave man!!

Click here to view quoted image.

Feather AS-D2S (Feather blade)
Hommage Chicago
Xpec
Burberry Sport AS
Creed GIT

nice set up
Toots Shor: "Nuttin' Fancy"
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8703/17022337452_37b2279537_h.jpgL1027726 - Version 2 on Flickr

An ash tray from Toots Shor's restaurant on 51st St. in NYC (and, later, on 52nd St).

1937 Sheraton
Polsilver SI
Simpson 32
Martin de Candre Fougere
Saponificio Varese Felce Aromatica
Man's Face Stuff mustache wax

Toots Shor, one of the few, if any, people ever to outdrink Jackie Gleason (allegedly, Gleason was left passed out on the floor).

"Once while standing outside his restaurant with Frank Sinatra while looking at a crowd of screaming fans being held back by police, Toots reached in his pocket, pulled out a dollar bill and said to Frank, 'Here kid go across the street and buy me a paper.'"

"At the Opera with friends during the intermission Toots declared, 'I bet I'm the only bum in this joint that doesn't know how this thing ends.'"

"According to David Halberstam in his book The Summer of '49, guests had to observe the unwritten 'code' which prevailed in Shor's establishment. Charlie Chaplin, who was not privy to that code, was made to wait in line. When Chaplin complained, Shor told him to entertain the others who were waiting in line. One day, Hollywood boss Louis B. Mayer complained about waiting twenty minutes for a table and said, 'I trust the food will be worth all that waiting.' Shor replied: 'It'll be better'n some of your crummy pictures I stood in line for.'"

(source: wikipedia)

"Crum-Bums" = people Toots liked well.
Who needs to be a millionaire when you can live like one.

Love the story:thumbup1:

Saturday Planned Shave

Razor: PILS 101NE
Blade: Triton R3 (D2)
Brush: Oscar11 w Plisson Synthetic
Bowl: Turkish Porcelain Bowl 4 ¾”
Pre-Shave Scrub: SPAtopia Dead Sea Scrub
Pre-Shave Oil: Pacific Shaving Iced
Shave Soap: Strop Shoppe Russian Tea
Aftershave: Florida Waters

$P1060146.jpg

Planned Shave for Saturday 04Apr15

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Tea Tree Bath Soap, Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash,
Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick
Rinse and Wipe face with Wet Face Cloth Soaked in Ice Cold Water
Apply Pre-Shave Oil; Shave Secret
Shaving Mug: VDH Luxury Mug
Shaving Soap: Eucalyptus Hybrid

Ian S. Shaving Soap Co.
a PIF I Received
Razor: ATT R-1 88mm Kronos Handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword DE Blade (5)
Brush: "Old Corps"& "Oscar 11" Custom 28/65mm TGN Finest Badger F-2 Knot Resin Handle Brush
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails A/S

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

proxy.php

proxy.php

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard).
Wilkinson Sword Classic DE Blade.(5)

This is will be the Fifth Shave on this Blade.
I will again be Face Lathering.
I will
use a Ice Cold Wet Face Cloth.
On my face as I have each day in the past week.
I will again shave with Cold Water.

This is the 8th. Day of 30 Day Rule using, a ATT Razor R-1 Base Plate 88-mm. Kronos Handle

Planned SOTD Saturday April 4th, 2015

Shower/Neutrogena Face Lather & Rinse | JAD Shavette | Astra SP (1) | Mystic Waters Coconut, Lime & Verbena Shave Soap
DeRuiter "F1" HM | Alum | Speick AS | Pinaud Lime Sec Cologne

proxy.php

Enjoy your Saturday Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom