What's new

My Guess... 3017

I will be 3017ing a full kilo of P.160 Tipo Duro at a future date, when I get through most of my other stock.... in a few years.

Is that 8 tubs of the Razorock soap? or a full brick of the original?

I don't have 1 kilo of soap total, much less one brand of soap, so I am out of my own challenge.

Also in my 3017 outside the soap realm:

I am currently 3017'ing a pack of Sams choice columbian k-cup in the mornings (will not replace)

A bottle of FV creamer (will replace)

Flinstone Vitamins (will replace)

Sensodyne toothpaste (will replace)

Low cost TP (will replace)

Dakar cologne (will replace...wife REALLY likes)

Is that 8 tubs of the Razorock soap? or a full brick of the original?

I don't have 1 kilo of soap total, much less one brand of soap, so I am out of my own challenge.

What? I don't believe it. Mr. drops-out-of-restraints, Darth Kevdogg, doesn't have 1kg of soap? Or are you excluding creams?

(I guess I feel bad about having about 1kg of cream and 700g of soap including my 400g Palmolive treewhale)

I've made so many test lathers there's already nearly a hole in it after two weeks...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422156144.636109.jpg

I'm back to the Scottish Fine Soap after a three-day trial run with the new Captain's Choice Bay Rum soap. It's just about an equal clone of the Razorock CC Bay Rum and that's a real good thing. I will be buying some whenever I work through my stash.

I think I have about three weeks left on the SFS. Or maybe four. This stuff lasts.

I have used ~35g of Proraso Red for nine shaves. Excessive? We also have exceedingly hard water where I live.

Enjoying the shaves though. :thumbup:

Finished

$IMAG1129.jpg

I took a long time to get this soap figured out but once I did it gave many very nice shaves.

I ended up with 69 full shaves and 3 weeks of trimming a full beard so I'm calling it 72 shaves total.

130g (weighed) product equals 1.8g/shave

As long as I built it super thick and then painted on enough water it was very protective and nicely slick. Not the slickest soap I've used but pretty darn good and nothing to complain about.

Post-shave was excellent, I could really feel it on my face after rinsing. If this had been used during the summer I doubt I'd need any post shave moisturizing at all.

Scent wasn't phenomenal to start but it grew on me and was very nice.

Due to the finicky lathering I had with my super soft water I wouldn't buy this again, but if I had normal water I have no doubt it would have been outstanding all around.

Samples for a month or so, then onto Classic Shaving Rose.

I've used the D.R. Harris Marlborough for about 2 solid months. I'd say only 30% remains. It's absorbed a ton of water and I'm guessing it'll be gone by the end of February. I only shave every other day, but I grate these triple-milled soaps into 1 cup Pyrex containers so that accounts for the usage.

93 shaves into my tub of Truefitt & Hill Rose shaving cream. The typical "ring-of-cream/soap" has formed in the tub. I will be using a few of my boars to speed up usage...

Haven't checked in for awhile, but still going strong on the Cella. I started with 125g and added another 30g or so that I had in another container. Right now the 125g tub is about 1/2 empty. So 39 shaves on about 90 grams so far. Not giving up until its gone, which I figure will be in about 3 weeks.

Today is my 50th shave with my braintub of Klar Kabinett. The tub is a container that came with a Tiki soap. I think I am about 60% done. I grated a half bar of the KK to fill the tub. The soap has very little scent left after this amount of time.

I had a RR ABCBA shave this morning from a small sample I got from someone. While pressing the sample into my bowl last night it smelled awesome. This morning I don't get much scent, if any, even when lathering it.

Bruce, is yours in an open bowl or do you have it covered? Is almond typically a fleeting scent like this?

brucered

System Generated
Bruce, is yours in an open bowl or do you have it covered? Is almond typically a fleeting scent like this?

It had been sealed since I bought it. I press mine into the covered RR wood bowl. Smells similar to GFT Almond in the tube that I had in the past.

Still getting amazing shaves from it.

I had a RR ABCBA shave this morning from a small sample I got from someone. While pressing the sample into my bowl last night it smelled awesome. This morning I don't get much scent, if any, even when lathering it.

Heath,

I 3017'ed half a brick of the ABCBA last year. I kept it in an IKEA container with a screw-on lid and never lost any scent. I pif'ed the other half to a friend and, while I'm glad he enjoyed it, I kinda wish I had that other half. It's that good.

Bruce - this won't make sense to future readers after you change your avatar but - nice tribute to Ernie Banks. I grew up in the Chicago area when he was playing (late 60s to 1971 for me - his career started in the 50s though). Not only was he a great baseball player, he was a gentleman through and through. He loved his fans and we loved him back. Its a great loss.

Last edited:
Top Bottom