What's new

Combining (Layering) Stirling Soaps for new novel scents

C
The creativity, the engagement, the involvement, the tiny bit of sweat equity make it more meaningful, don't they. (Creativity is supposed to be a universal human trait, but from the wholesale abstention from this thread, maybe it does not manifest much in the form of soap alchemy.)

Complement. That's the form needed for expressing that one element completes or improves another; the smoke complements the sweet, for example. Thank you.

Constraints fosters creativity! I have limited access to Stirling for the next few months, and I am not that fond of a few that I do have, but experimenting a bit has shown positive results!

1717245571118.png

How about Executive Man to the rescue of TFS Crema? The latter strikes me as essentially almond-scented coconut oil, and that scent dominates the blend. However, there seems to be more substance and shaving functionality with the Stirling tallow added.

For the first time in months, I tub-loaded and face-lathered, and this thing just blew up with thick lather. So quick; so easy: I may just lather/rinse/repeat.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Varen and Glastonbury are my only two Stirling soaps. i think the similar earthy qualities of both soaps would not lend itself to a mash up. I’ve recently combined Cologne Russe (Barrister & Mann) and Dirtyver (Declaration Grooming) with interesting results. I do enjoy the creation process of Frankensoap.

I prefer scents to be on the mild side. So, mixing the stronger scented soaps with unscented ones, such as Unscented with Beeswax, can work very well. That way, you can enjoy good performance without being clobbered over the head with scent.

I prefer scents to be on the mild side. So, mixing the stronger scented soaps with unscented ones, such as Unscented with Beeswax, can work very well. That way, you can enjoy good performance without being clobbered over the head with scent.
I need to pick up a tub of Unscented with Beeswax. It seems to be quite superior.

View attachment 1855509

How about Executive Man to the rescue of TFS Crema? The latter strikes me as essentially almond-scented coconut oil, and that scent dominates the blend. However, there seems to be more substance and shaving functionality with the Stirling tallow added.

For the first time in months, I tub-loaded and face-lathered, and this thing just blew up with thick lather. So quick; so easy: I may just lather/rinse/repeat.
Sounds like fun!

Oh man, 50/50 Executive Man + Boat Drinks 2.0 not only smells good, it tastes GREAT!

Getting a little in the pie hole is a happy accident. I hope it is nontoxic!

This is not Stirling per se, but I am looking forward to trying out Haverford as the cream and Old Spice Original as the AS. They compliment each other well on the smell test. And Haverford seems to fill in the creaminess gaps on the modern age Old Spice. Barbershop might do it too.

Top Bottom