What's new

Fountain Pens

I brought my very first fountain pen(Pilot Metropolitan) into the wild yesterday. These things are great conversation starters. I recommend a fountain pen to all you single guys out there. They are better chick magnets than puppies.

I brought my very first fountain pen(Pilot Metropolitan) into the wild yesterday. These things are great conversation starters. I recommend a fountain pen to all you single guys out there. They are better chick magnets than puppies.
Unless your already married.....then it's a wife repeller.

many a member have lost pens to their wives as a lot of them become more interested in this hobby unlike any other on B&B, if she gets excited about our next purchase watch out, she's after it. Ive never heard our female members having the same issue with husbands though. glad your enjoying the pen Tony

many a member have lost pens to their wives as a lot of them become more interested in this hobby unlike any other on B&B, if she gets excited about our next purchase watch out, she's after it. Ive never heard our female members having the same issue with husbands though. glad your enjoying the pen Tony

My wife has decided to use the new pen for writing Christmas cards. She loves it. Now she wants red or green ink.

I can't decide what's worse. Having my wife roll her eyes anytime a package arrives with obvious pen related address of origin (which happened a mere 5 hours ago, accompanied by a cynical comment to the kids) ... or having her start showing interest in my pens and ink. :sad:

I can't decide what's worse. Having my wife roll her eyes anytime a package arrives with obvious pen related address of origin (which happened a mere 5 hours ago, accompanied by a cynical comment to the kids) ... or having her start showing interest in my pens and ink. :sad:
I would MUCH rather have her be interested. We don't have kids, so it's just us for now. She is not a hobby person herself, and I would love to share mine with her so we have something else to draw us together. Shaving is not one of them lol. Unfortunately, she doesn't like fps either, so I'm doomed for the synical comments and dirty looks for ever

I think I'm with Syn. As long as it all gets lumped into the straights/pens/headphones/amps/gaming pc parts mishmash it tends to get lost in the mix. Once things are individually considered ... well that's when the trouble starts a' brewin'.

wait so collecting traditional jazz, blues and ragtime 78 records is not the way to get to know chicks ?

I would have never guessed.

strop

Now half as wise
Seems to me there should be one more Pop-Up auction coming and for a 51 no less. You should pass this one along with some nice red ink, and start bidding fast and furiouw when it comes along!

My wife has decided to use the new pen for writing Christmas cards. She loves it. Now she wants red or green ink.

The very rare double enable. I think I should get extra points :thumbup::tongue_sm

See here. I call that the super turbo #1 mega enable.

-Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
That distinctly sounds like it's coming from experience. :biggrin:

Nope im Single, ive just seen the sad story many many times here in the nib,... we should almost start a brotherhood and by that I mean a support group for men of lost pens

Top Bottom