Not open for further replies.

SOTD, Friday afternoon, October 10th, 2014

Glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Vintage English Leather shave soap
Restored Ever-Ready 100 brush with badger knot
Gillette ball-end Tech + Gillette silver blue blade
Cool washcloth rinse
English Leather aftershave

American 'Classic' shave this afternoon!

proxy.php

picture this
$15310831090_0ecef6fc5d_z.jpg
third time is a charm?

two consecutive days where work impeded any chance at time for a good shave. will today be the day?
$15310830200_856acd9c86_z.jpg
The Le Père Lucien (you all know, of course, that the "Le" and the "The" are possibly redundant here ... the the ... le le ...) Ltd Ed Vetiver & Bourbon will definitely be part of then next shave, whenever it happens.

The rest of the gear and software are subject to change without notice.

Seen here are a restored Ever-Ready 925 (TGN knot); Gillette New-type SC head on a ball-end handle borrowed from a Tech (my ATT R2 Atlas may stand in here); Astra SP; and Pinaud Clubman moustache wax (haven't used this one in while; while the habit of the label rubbing off on one's fingers is surely annoying, I must say that this wax in some ways outperforms the more expensive margarines).

Not pictured, but virtually assured of making the grade today, Fine Clean Vetiver (suggestions from the gallery regarding good scent pairings with the LPL are most welcome).

Pictured, but of little use other than as an SOTD prop, nifty paperweight or mantlepiece décor, a Universal Mercury II half-frame 35mm camera. Nice to look at as a novelty. Not much for getting a decent and well-focused exposure. Whadayawant for $12.00? Maybe I overpaid.

Last edited:
10-10-2014

Water and soap :: Proraso, cream pre :: Le Père Lucien, Vetiver bourbon :: Simpson, TSN 2014 LE :: Cobra king, feather :: Aqua velva

proxy.php

Semogue 610
Mystic Waters Adirondack Jack Shave Soap
Fatboy/ Derby
George F. Trumper Coral Skin Food
Montale Black Aoud

picture this
Click here to view quoted image.
third time is a charm?

two consecutive days where work impeded any chance at time for a good shave. will today be the day?
The Le Père Lucien (you all know, of course, that the "Le" and the "The" are possibly redundant here ... the the ... le le ...) Ltd Ed Vetiver & Bourbon will definitely be part of then next shave, whenever it happens.

Seen here are a restored Ever-Ready 925 (TGN knot); Gillette New-type SC head on a ball-end handle borrowed from a Tech (my ATT R2 Atlas may stand in here); Astra SP; and Pinaud Clubman moustache wax (haven't used this one in while; while the habit of the label rubbing off on one's fingers is surely annoying, I must say that this wax in some ways outperforms the more expensive margarines).

Not pictured, but virtually assured of making the grade today, Fine Clean Vetiver (suggestions from the gallery regarding good scent pairings with the LPL are most welcome).

Pictured, but of little use other than as an SOTD prop, nifty paperweight or mantlepiece décor, a Universal Mercury II half-frame 35mm camera. Nice to look at as a novelty. Not much for getting a decent and well-focused exposure. Whadayawant for $12.00? Maybe I overpaid.

Excellent shot! Bloody work Eh! I tried so hard to take today off and somebody cried Union over the tiniest of details. So guess where this message is being sent from! :001_rolle

Tools For Tomorrow's Shave ~ Saturday, October 11, 2014

Mergress Long Handle Razor
Bic Chrome Platinum blade
Omega 10098 Pro Boar
The Shave Den Shop - Pumpkin Harvest Lanolin Soap

$IMG_1059.JPG:thumbup1:

Cash, the awful, embarrassing truth is that I telecommute/work from home, so I am very much without an excuse.:sob::lol:

Excellent shot! Bloody work Eh! I tried so hard to take today off and somebody cried Union over the tiniest of details. So guess where this message is being sent from! :001_rolle

$image.jpg

Decisions, decisions.

went with the ikon open comb, the razorocktober 2014 shave soap, and the lux pour homme by g aftershave (Havanna). Was another great shave.

Some more lovely photos, gentlemen! :thumbup:

S.O.T.D. ~ Friday, October 10, 2014

Prep: Warm/Cold Shower - Neutrogena Face Wash
Razor: 1949 Milord
Blade: Super-Max Sunrise
Brush: Whipped Dog Boar - 30mmX65mm
Lather: L.A. Shaving Co. - Topanga Fougere
Aftershave: Proraso Green Balm

Click here to view quoted image.:thumbup1:

Proraso Pre | Simpson Keyhole 2 | PPF "Ciderhouse 5" | EJ | Floid Vigoroso

Cool washcloth rinse

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/d6/b3/ec/d6b3ec136bdbabcaf0ec294a9af499ca.jpg

picture this
third time is a charm?

10-10-2014

Water and soap :: Proraso, cream pre :: Le Père Lucien, Vetiver bourbon :: Simpson, TSN 2014 LE :: Cobra king, feather :: Aqua velva

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/qKjidjAQIjMDN-CXDXpBWL74sdQLWdcXwcsO2FAa24Q=w640-h480-no

Tools For Tomorrow's Shave ~ Saturday, October 11, 2014

Mergress Long Handle Razor
Bic Chrome Platinum blade
Omega 10098 Pro Boar
The Shave Den Shop - Pumpkin Harvest Lanolin Soap

Click here to view quoted image.:thumbup1:

Decisions, decisions.

went with the ikon open comb, the razorocktober 2014 shave soap, and the lux pour homme by g aftershave (Havanna). Was another great shave.

More beautiful photos in this thread,gentlemen!:thumbup:

SOTD, Thursday afternoon, October 9th, 2014

Prep with shower + Glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Martin de Candre scented shave soap bowl
Shavemac badger brush
Dorko 1151 6/8" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Thayer's Rose witch hazel
Knize Ten cologne

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0e/4a/11/0e4a113a435278521df408a7c1ecaeec.jpg

Happy Thursday Folks
SOTD 10.09.2014
Pre: Hot Shower Tea Tree Scrub
Razor: weber PH Classic
Blade: Feather
Brush: Omega 6242
Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime & Peppercorn
Moustache Wax: Firehouse Wacky Tacky

Have A Wonderful Day!

Scary soap I found in the bottom of a shave den drawer, I think it's William's.
It worked just fine though, had to load up the brush a bit more than normal...

Mystery Soap | Semogue 630 | Gillette Rocket Flare-Tip | Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (2) | Fine American Blend Grey Flannel

Shave Ready Pre Shave Oil Lemon
Ever Ready TGNFF badger brush
AOS tallow Sandalwood shaving soap
Herder Constant 77 stainless steel 13/16 straight razor
Shave Ready Save Face moisturizer
Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
AOS Sandalwood EDT

Normally don't shave on Friday, so I guess there's one benefit to staying home sick.

10 October 2014

* Weber DLC + UFO U2V1 Graphite Black
* Super Iridium
* WSP 2-Band + Oscar11 Black C7
* Cold River Classic Spiced Amber
* Unrefined Shea Butter

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/537/1ruqWb.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/dr_mancha/SOTD/DSC_2974_zps43827df3.jpg

Merkur Progress
Feather
Simpson TSN P8 LE

La Roche-Posay Effaclar
Proraso pre barba
Mitchell´s Wool Fat
Thayers Lavander
Art of Shaving Lemon gel

Burberry Sport

2014-10-10

Night Prep Glenova Rosa Mosqueta
Pear's Soap/Glenova Rosa Mosqueta

Freelander Rosa/Cucciolo
Maggard # 3/Feather
Hot washcloth/Balsamo AS Ai Monasteri/Alum stone/Cool washcloth/Rosa Bulgara AS e EDT

http://ilrasoio.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=4&image_id=18357&display=popup

SOTD 8/10/14
RazoRocktober shave #6 to end the week and start the weekend.

Blade- Gillette SB
Razor- RazoRock Jaws head and Slab handle
Brush- Semogue OC
Soap- RazoRock The Freedberg
Aftershave- The Freedberg splash

Proraso Pre | Simpson Keyhole 2 | PPF "Ciderhouse 5" | EJ | Floid Vigoroso

Cool washcloth rinse

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/d6/b3/ec/d6b3ec136bdbabcaf0ec294a9af499ca.jpg

Oct 11, 2014

Biotique Palmyra & Jergens Face cream
La Toja & Proraso Red & Blue Mixed cream
Semogue 2013 SE
Ever Ready 1914 SE & GEM PTFE(6)
Alum & Skin Bracer

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom