What's new

🎃 👻 🦇 🎃 SOTD - “Halloween”Theme Week - October 24th, 2022 to October 30th, 2022 🎃 👻 🦇 🎃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: BradSears “Pug” 28mm x 48mm Finest
Blade: Timor (4)
Soap: Grooming Department Diamond Dust Kairos
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Large Copper Bowl
Razor: Ti WR2 SB 1.35 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Sucess Skin Food Splash 💦

9DAB9083-08D0-4DC6-BD21-E03E59DCE36D.jpeg

proxy.php

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Cream: XPEC
Razor: Wolfman WR2
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette 'Aussie Spoiler' (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's El Dorado Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Caron Yatagan

This brush is a delight.

Mon 31
Soap Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Eddison Stainless 3rd
Aftershave B&M Seville Splash
Love this soap and matching splash scent...so good! The lather is good too, whip up easily with the nice huge badger brush!
A very good shave with the blade again in this nice vintage razor...so smooth so efficient. 3passes for a bbs finish.
20221031_111243.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday(ASR), OCtober 31 2022

Razor : Gem 1912, OC, Mfg 1912-17 OC model, excellent tame mid range, fairly rare to buy now a days, built to last for a 120 year old razor, very nice shave this morning and this razor performs stellar with a new blade. Very enjoyable shave to start the day.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent sharpness, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle IMO.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood cream, nice Sandalwood scent with excellent lather qualities. Very similar to TOBS sandalwood scent wise.
Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space"24mm silver tip badger, Excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very enjoyable brush!
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
Excellent shave with my Gem 1912 OC with a Gem coated blade.
[IMG]

Have some great shaves!

8E8CA1BE-D7FC-4DF7-A623-510408B60807.jpeg

Halloween Week / Trick or Treet Week

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: Blackland Blackbird head w/ Yaqi (silver) Bullet handle.
Blade: Treet Classic

Soap: Barrister & Mann Four Horsemen - Death
Brush: Van Der Hagen Pure Badger aka Scritch Monster
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Tabac Original
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Here we are on Halloween. A wonderfully fun and spooky holiday. So, what better time then now to break out my Disney's Haunted Mansion (light-up) chess set. With Madame Leota, Hatbox Ghost and the three Hitchhiking Ghosts. We're all in for a real Treet...

Not knowing what creepy, scary monsters or ghouls I might cross paths with today, I felt that some added protection was in order. So, I called upon the (Blackland) "Blackbird" to watch over my most precious of body parts. My face! I know, vain right? I also brought along the ever so magical, silver "Bullet". With both in my possession I might stand a chance...

... A chance against Scritch Monster and Death! Yes! I said "and Death"!

Today's outlook looks dreary, and dark. I must hold Barrister & Mann responsible for part.

I did a four-pass shave as I was eyes deep in an abundant amount of Omnibus lather. For some minutes there I feared I might not make it out alive. Though don't be frightened my friends. As I did survive, or I could not have written this tale.

Once free of Death's grip, I could clearly see that my trusty Blackbird and silver Bullet were meant to be. They were steadfast and resolute. I was left shaken but thankful.

I tended to my wounds with Alum, Witch Hazel and some potion of Tabac. This left me in a healthy state of recovery. I was bruised (mentally) from my encounter but not broken. I hold my head high as I live on to best future battles to come.

Be well my fine friends, both ladies and gentlemen. But beware for you may not be as lucky as I when looking Death in the eye!

Happy Halloween everyone and enjoy your shaves!

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Vokshod
Brush: Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian
Soap: Declaration Grooming: Gratiot League Square (Milksteak)

oh my days! that was a rough shave, I think a dull buck knife would have been better. The only saving grace of that shave was the fact that the milksteak base saved my face. Yep, the Declaration Grooming Milksteak soap really stepped up to save that shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom