What's new

“Breaking Bad” anyone?

Those are both great but I seem to find Boardwalk Empire replacing Mad Men. Just a personal opinion though!

I've tried starting this show a few times. I'm sure it is fantastic writing, acting and directing. I just can't really get past the whole glorifying meth thing. I've seen it destroy too many people for me to want to watch a show about it. I think it's really just my own hang up though and don't fault anyone for watching it. Some day I might actually take the dive into this show. It seems like one of those that you have to see in your lifetime.

Terrible topic, but extremely well written and acted. In a larger sense, a tale about good and evil, etc.

I've tried starting this show a few times. I'm sure it is fantastic writing, acting and directing. I just can't really get past the whole glorifying meth thing. I've seen it destroy too many people for me to want to watch a show about it. I think it's really just my own hang up though and don't fault anyone for watching it. Some day I might actually take the dive into this show. It seems like one of those that you have to see in your lifetime.

I apologize if I have offended you or brought up anything you didn't want to hear again.

Terrible topic, but extremely well written and acted. In a larger sense, a tale about good and evil, etc.

Again I apologize for the topic, just thought I would try to bring the larger sense to the forum of favorite TV shows.

Love it. Walking Dead, too.

Walking dead is great! Have you watched The Strain by chance?

My brother in law has been supplying the series to me on DVD. I really like it; well-written with plenty of plot twists and tie-ins to keep it interesting. The first couple of nights after watching it I felt a little paranoid... kept thinking I heard noises at night and I'd wake up, listening intently to what I found out was nothing:001_huh:. Just started season 4.

I don't see the show glorifying meth; just a strong fuel to move the story line. The story wouldn't be quite as gripping if Walter White, facing terminal cancer and financially desperate, started a pooper scooper business in New Mexico to fix everything. I also see it as a show about good and evil, but more importantly, the gray areas in between these extremes

Don

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with starting up this thread! Quite the contrary. Welcome to posting on B&B!

I would say that Breaking Bad is right up there for the best TV series ever. I really liked it, but I would also say that I feel it was a better TV show than it was my absolute favorite. It was hard to watch from time to time. Wonderful TV, though. I think it had a lot to say about the human condition.

As to my all time favorite TV series: There was a time I would have said Six Feet Under, but I wonder whether it would hold up. MI-5. Waking the Dead. The recent Honorable Woman. Maybe, Da Vinci's Inquest--I forget how well it held up across seasons. The Killing sure finished strong. The Sopranos was very uneven to me. At its best, it was amazing. Battlestar Galactica, maybe. Inspector Morse, maybe.

Favorite ever, is a very high bar these days. There has been a lot of good TV.

Good show, but there are definitely better ones out there. If you liked Breaking Bad, check out The Sopranos and The Wire next. Those two are in a completely different league. Weeds is also somewhat similar to Breaking Bad. It is about a single mother who deals marijuana, but the writing and overall show are not at Breaking Bad's level.

Good show, but there are definitely better ones out there. If you liked Breaking Bad, check out The Sopranos and The Wire next. Those two are in a completely different league. Weeds is also somewhat similar to Breaking Bad. It is about a single mother who deals marijuana, but the writing and overall show are not at Breaking Bad's level.

I binged watched Weeds, but only for the first 3 seasons, then i got up to the current season. It was one of my Faves.........Californication is great too, with David Duchovny

Breaking Bad was one of my all time favorite shows. Another one that is right there with it, and hasn't been mentioned yet, is Game Of Thrones. Now that I think about it, GOT just might top Breaking bad, very close though. I like The Walking Dead, but sometimes I think they drag things out to long. The upcoming season better be good. A few more that I saw mentioned and also like are, Vikings, House of Cards, Justified and another that hasn't been mentioned yet, Sons of Anarchy.

Everytime the subject of Breaking Bad and being one of the best TV shows and which others are in that stratosphere, I always forget Seinfeld being one of the best TV series...best comedy. Breaking Bad is my favorite drama. Seinfeld is my favorite comedy.

Honorable mention: M*A*S*H, NYPD Blue, Sopranos

The Killing is good and I need to watch The Wire.

Top Bottom