What's new

Schick Plus Platinum

$schickPP.jpg

I've recently purchased some of these blades and I was wondering if anyone had any insight into how they perform. My only other experience with vintage or discontinued blades is with the Gillette swede which I really liked.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I believe you will find it to be the single most comfortable blade you've ever tried. It is sharp enough but won't win contests for sharpest blade, to be sure, but comfy as it could possibly be. You should be able to get a week of shaves out of one. I got a couple hundred on eBay back about the time I started on the forum and use them for a treat now and then.

I don't like them as much as the Gillette Platinum/plus, but I like them almost as much as Gillette super Stainless/spoiler.

Yep they're just about as good as it gets in a razor blade. If I had to shave with them as my only blade for the rest of my life I would be a very happy camper indeed. To me the only blades that exceed the Schick Plus Platinum may be the Gillette Platinum Plus and some of the various Wilkinson Sword vintage blades.

These may be the absolute worst blades I have ever encountered. There's a reason they quit making them.

With that being said, I have taken it upon myself to remove whatever examples of this blade I find at a reasonable price off the market to protect fellow shavers from having to experience this abomination of a shaving implement.

These may be the absolute worst blades I have ever encountered. There's a reason they quit making them.

With that being said, I have taken it upon myself to remove whatever examples of this blade I find at a reasonable price off the market to protect fellow shavers from having to experience this abomination of a shaving implement.

Oooh you're a kind man, god bless you. :lol:

I'm probably right around that mark too. I figure that's good for about 6 years, but I'm still going to use them sparingly until I get more stocked up or I'm relatively sure I'm close to dying.

There was this guy on ebay, not so long ago, he listed nearly 4000 vintage Schick blades in 2-3 weeks. I had the chance to grab that lot of 330 and a lot of 180 Super Chromium, the guy even threw in a couple of Schick Super Stainless dispensers. Anyway, I asked him if he was a retired employee of Schick, he answered that his dad was snagging them everytime there was a discount at the local drugstore XD So even back in the days there was 'maniacs' like us with a stockpile of blades.

There was this guy on ebay, not so long ago, he listed nearly 4000 vintage Schick blades in 2-3 weeks. I had the chance to grab that lot of 330 and a lot of 180 Super Chromium, the guy even threw in a couple of Schick Super Stainless dispensers. Anyway, I asked him if he was a retired employee of Schick, he answered that his dad was snagging them everytime there was a discount at the local drugstore XD So even back in the days there was 'maniacs' like us with a stockpile of blades.

I remember those auctions, and if I had more money to devote to shaving, I would have scored more than just the one lot I did snag.

I like the fathers approach. Stock up and leave your son an inheritance of good blades because they don't make them like they used too.

Top Bottom