What's new

Lapel Pins

Any of you fellas wear them? Here is one of mine. This one came from the Alabama Governor (previous to the current administration.) I only wear it when I preach funerals and weddings. I'd love to see some of your pins. Post them up.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395804057.683611.jpg

I have a fairly large pin collection. Started as a child when my family would travel I would pick one up from where ever we went. Started getting serious back in 1988 with the Calgary winter Olympics. Being they are not as popular and I don't travel as much I haven't bought one in ages. Started putting them on my denim jacket but now I have them covering a scarf and then some. My kids are fascinated by the things :)
As for having them on my suit, I only wear one at a time if any and its usually my gold mason one I got from my parents when I got my first degree. One pin makes a statement. Any more is just cluttered. My opinion.
Johnny

I have about 80 lapel pins - most of them Masonic, but some church and military related as well. They make a great addition to any suit. I usually wear it on my left lapel (in or near the slit located there).

I wear my agency's lapel pin or a Georgia flag at work. I have received dozens of mini badges from police agencies I've worked for or with on ops and I've given these all to my daughter who decorated her favorite bag with them to show her pride in law enforcement, military and our state and country.

This is the one I wear. It's in honor of my daughter, who was born with Congenital Heart Disease. The pin is from an organization called Mended Hearts, that supports those who have been through heart surgeries.

proxy.php

I did some volunteer charity work with Mended Little Hearts in 2012, before I moved from Tulsa.

That's great Jeff. My family are members of the local chapter where I live. We didn't have one back when my daughter was in the hospital, but it's great to help inform others what the experience can be like.

When I was still working with the scouts I would wear my Wood Badge lapel pin when dressing up. Now I no longer wear any pins, although I may just dig out that old Wood Badge pin again.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I have two that I will wear one of on a baseball cap; the American Flag or the Wyoming Bucking Horse which is also on our license plates.

I have a few used for special occasions.

1. "We will prevail" ribbon pin worn every April 16th in remembrance of the VT shootings. Will wear it tomorrow on my coat along with an orange shirt and maroon tie with the VT seal.

2. ASME pin that I'll wear to conferences, but haven't been to one in a while.

3. Pink ribbon for breast cancer awareness throughout the month of October.

Top Bottom