What's new

Shower Tool, Loofah, Sponge, Poof?

What do you guys use in the shower with your body wash? I think the most easily accessible item I could find that gives me a good clean and produces an adequate amount of lather is the Dove For Men Shower Tool. It's only about $5 at most places and can be purchased almost anywhere. But, I'm curious, what do you guys use? Is there anything out there that's more effective regardless of cost?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396761986.822539.jpg

http://static.tumblr.com/5434033e88d852c7148cf2940887626a/4lcmunt/QKNmfqzgv/tumblr_static_loofah-a.jpg
One of these

Wife always gets the loofahs. One for each of us. I recently went back to bar soap after many years of using body washes. Loofah does a very good job in lathering.

Bar soap and my hands. How pedestrian. I am cheap and just can't see the point in spending lots of $$ on expensive bath products. Just my 2 cents, not being critical of other posters, and YMMV.

Generally I just use my hand for either bar soap or body wash. On occasion if I need a good scrub'n I use this.
proxy.php

Usually I just use a bar of Lava Soap. Pumice is mixed into it, and I like the scent; reminds me of Musgo Real, in a way. If it's something else, I use a scrubber sponge that holds the bar. I've even used SOS pads before. My skin is pretty tough, and I get into some pretty oogy stuff.

Usually I just use a bar of Lava Soap. Pumice is mixed into it, and I like the scent; reminds me of Musgo Real, in a way. If it's something else, I use a scrubber sponge that holds the bar. I've even used SOS pads before. My skin is pretty tough, and I get into some pretty oogy stuff.

SOS pads? Yikes!

I use loofah. It is a bit stiff when you first use it, actually for the first ten maybe twenty uses. After that they soften up well and they really work for me.
I am amazed by this loofah. The one I use for my back is a loofah sewn on a cotton-like fabric that I bought about ten years ago. It looks like new and I use it at least twice a week. The smaller one I use is the same, it shows no sign of ageing. Quite remarkable, for a 100% natural product.

SOS pads? Yikes!

Feels great when you're caked with soot and god-knows-what else. Works pretty good for getting blood out of your hair too. I remember once when I came home after a particularly bad wreck. My fiancé was waiting in the living room to surprise me, but she freaked out when she saw me. Said I looked like something out of Hellraiser. And yet, I love my job. :001_rolle

Washcloth, was using whatever the wife had in the shower but eventually went back to the tried and true washcloth.

I have a green poof. I need to get a new one as it's really scratchy now. I just load it similar to loading my brush and get lots of soapy lather.

Hands and bar of soap. I have many more problems with dry and cracked skin on my hands than anything needing exfoliation or something rougher.

I also really dislike anything sitting around in my shower, as I'd need to wash or clean it to keep the mold/bacteria away. Too much hassle for me.

If I had to use something, I'd get a set of soft washcloths that I could toss into the washer.

On a different note, I use nonstick-safe fuzzy cloths with a scrubby side on my dishes, and I toss them in the wash after a week. I never cleaned any of my kitchen sponges regularly. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom