What's new

PIF - Dopp Kit / Travel Gear giveaway

After months of searching I finally found the Dopp Kit I knew I had to have the moment I saw it. I liked it so much I had to buy two, one for me and one for you. Here it is.

$TB Dopp.jpg

It's by Tommy Bahama and it's called the Sand & Surf Canvas Dopp Kit. It's actually made of canvas and some very nice leather as you can see. It looks great, feels great and I'm sure it will provide decades of stylish service. So, if you like it as well, be sure and enter this PIF... oh but wait there's more. Along with this lovely Dopp Kit come a few items to help you fill it.

First a brush, a nice brush for travelling. I don't have one myself but I've read great things about the new Muhle synthetic fibre (V2.0) brushes. I thought the black ones looked really nice so I got you one of them with a 23mm knot (33 K 256). A great brush with extra fast drying capability should be perfect for your Dopp Kit.

You'll need a razor as well so I thought I'd get you one that is a great all round shaver and just happens to match your brush too. The Muhle R106, is the black handled version of the famous R89 of course.

Some soaps and creams would seem to be in order. I don't know what you like so the best I could do was to get some of my very favourites and hope they work for you as well. Let's start with the soap sticks. My favourite at the moment is Windsor by D.R. Harris. I love the scent and the performance is wonderful. Next is the inexplicably inexpensive but OMGoodness Ossum Palmolive Classic. A brand new favourite of mine.

I'll include two tubes of cream as well. The first is Trafalgar from Truefitt and Hill. Need I say more. I love it. You will also receive a tube of GFT, the signature scent of Geo. F. Trumper. One of the first creams I ever tried and still one of the best.

I know there is still a lot of room left in your Dopp Kit for many other things but if I may just include a couple more less traditional Dopp Kit items that could well come in handy in your travels just the same I think.

First a small flashlight with inner bigness. A high performance LED by Fenix, the LD01. It runs on just one AAA cell, has three brightness levels topping out at 72 lumens.

$fenix-ld01.jpg

Lastly, how about a little pocket knife. You always end up needing one when you haven't got one with you so now you'll have one in your Dopp at least.
From Victorinox the Classic SD in blue.

$Victorinox Classic-SD-Blue.jpg

I wanted to add more photos of the individual items but found out only five would fit into one post so here is one last bad photo of everything included in this PIF.

$Dopp PIF all items.jpg

All items are brand new and will come in original packaging of course. (I bought them just for you don't ya know?)
If you're interested in this gear please include "I'm in" in your reply. This PIF is open to all Badger and Blade members with but one small condition. Win or lose you promise that your next PIF will also be open to all members.

This PIF will run until about 6:00pm (mountain time) Thursday September 19. The winner will be randomly selected and announced in this thread and is asked that he/she send me his/her mailing address by private message.

I ask that you do not sell or trade the items. Re-PIFing is fine with me. Well, I guess that's about it. I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Last edited:
I nominate this as "PIF of the year" - if not for the value (which is fantastic) but for the attention to details and just sheer generosity.
Bravo sir, bravo.
(And btw, that is an awesome looking bag).
'MY first PIF that I'm hoping to be able to do rather soon will be open for all :)

I am in.

I am in. I am new here looking to upgrade from a sodial. Would love this kit and would happily pay it forward.

This is a very generous and thoughtful PIF. As a fan of Tommy Bahama stuff, I know their quality and cost; and this is a sharp looking bag. Everything included in this PIF is top shelf stuff. I am NOT IN, as I don't travel much for work right now and I know there are others who either need this more than I do or haven't tried a lot of the things included.

One of the best, if not the best PIF I have seen.

Top Bottom