What's new

Sandalwood Creams

From what I understand, the following produce sandalwood creams:

Cyril Salter
Geo F Trumper
Taylor of Old Bond St
Vulfix

Which are the better scented ones? Any comments. I was a fan of the Coate's Sandalwood which is sadly no longer made. Which is the nearest?

I personally don't care for the Taylor sandalwood cologne. Is the cream the same scent?

Never tried the Vulfix creams. How do they compare?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm pretty sure Castle Forbes makes one. I have not tried it, but the Lavender and the Lime are my favorite creams.

The TOBS Sandalwood cream has almost an old spice scent to it. I personally love the AOS Sandalwood Cream I believe it is the best scent in Sandalwood. A close second would be the Truefitt and Hill but it is a more modern scent. I find the Castle Forbes Cedar and Sandalwood scent to be repulsive. It is a really strong cedar scent that reminds me of mulch and I also get a little bit of peanut butter notes as well. It was definitely the most disappointing cream I have bought because I love the Lavender and Lime flavors.

There is a great, older thread about comparisons between different sandalwood creams. I can't seem to find it but hopefully you can search for it.

In any case, I don't care for TOBS Sandalwood. It has too many other scents added besides just pure sandalwood. I agree that AOS Sandalwood is quite nice. I also like Muhle Sandalwood for a pure sandalwood smell.

Crabtree and Evelyn make a nice Sandalwood cream, although that may have been discontinued now that I think about it.

Jeff

Addendum, just checked C and E website, still can get cream in the Jar, I believe they stopped providing it in the tubes a few years ago

I'm a huge fan of the Proraso and CF. Both aren't your typical sandalwood scent, but I think they perform great and smell wonderful.

AOS sandalwood all the way! I have the puck and the cream. Great scent! I did not like proraso sandalwood. TOBS is great for performance and the scent is Pleasant but AOS is the best. Trumpers is 2nd. IMO

Top Bottom