What's new

Al Raz's The Bomb shaving cream

I ordered a mega bomb size of the boheme scent, and it's truly excellent stuff. No one on B&B talks about it, so I'm going to assume that most of you either haven't heard of it or just haven't tried it. You should definitely try it though. It's absolutely worth the money.

Hands down my favorite artisan cream. Just gave away the last of what I had. Realize I need to get more soon. I have plenty of cream now, so it will wait. But, yes. VERY great stuff. Al's even a cool cat to rap with.

I think someone needs to do a proper review of it for us,.. i have never heard of it before would love to hear about its qualities and some token lather pics for sure
And doing some hunting it would appear this maker is part of another forum, do you have to order thru him there ?

Last edited:

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I just went to his site to check out scents.

He may make good creams, but his scent descriptions are completely worthless. :lol:

What does this mean?

Calypso can be described as cool, refreshing, bracing. There is also a warm, friendly, honest feel to this fragrance and one that is extremely natural. On top of this, there is also, strangely, a shadowy, deep, mysterious, spicy quality. The scent itself may be relatively simple but its impression is complex

Oh, I'd love a warm, friendly, honest and natural scent! Mysterious and spicy is just a bonus!!!

Can someone tell me what these things smell like? Al obviously can't. Thanks!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Now this one is not bad, he actually described it.

A very complex blend of essential oils rendering an exuberantly intoxicating scent with notes from all our scents in the line. This scent is exuberant with incredible complexity. The top is made with bergamot and orange notes with hints of cinnamon and sage. Jasmine, neroli, bay and hints of chamomile and geranium form the heart. Cedar and vetiver make the base. This is a very unique and complex offering.

Is this similar to the new RR Don Marco, perhaps? I might try that.

I've wanted to try Al's stuff for a while now, but I could use some help with some of his more imaginative--and less specific descriptions.

He may make good creams, but his scent descriptions are completely worthless. :lol:

What does this mean?

Calypso can be described as cool, refreshing, bracing. There is also a warm, friendly, honest feel to this fragrance and one that is extremely natural. On top of this, there is also, strangely, a shadowy, deep, mysterious, spicy quality. The scent itself may be relatively simple but its impression is complex

Oh, I'd love a warm, friendly, honest and natural scent! Mysterious and spicy is just a bonus!!!

Sounds like the scent I've been looking for. I've been trying to find shadowy and mysterious for quite some time now. :ninja:

Probably if you contact Al he can tell you what scents he put into each cream.

I agree with the others that his creams are amazing. I use soaps exclusively, but if I were forced to use a cream I'd probably choose Al's stuff over anything else I've tried.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I've heard that so much, it makes me want to try it. I use soaps, the only cream I use is TOBS Rose. I don't know why I'm looking to try another cream.

Why not, I guess? :lol:

I've heard that so much, it makes me want to try it. I use soaps, the only cream I use is TOBS Rose. I don't know why I'm looking to try another cream.

Why not, I guess? :lol:

dare I say it? (dare,dare!)

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
proxy.php

marty

i have 3 of his Bombs (oakmoss+bergamot, Calypso and Goodfellow.....)
You like the lather thats gives this wonderful cream, the smell is strong and nice.
The cream has the name Bomb, and i must realy say its realy like a bomb its exploded in your bowl.
Try it and your in love!!

i have 3 of his Bombs (oakmoss+bergamot, Calypso and Goodfellow.....)
You like the lather thats gives this wonderful cream, the smell is strong and nice.
The cream has the name Bomb, and i must realy say its realy like a bomb its exploded in your bowl.
Try it and your in love!!

Is Calypso a Bay Rum scent?

I ordered Al's sampler and was very pleased with the quality, each sample provided at least 3 full 4 pass shaves. Lots af slick lather! They are quite creamy and not at all like a "croap". Literally a small almond sized dab is plenty for a full shave. Calypso is a bay rum type scent. My favs were the Goodfellow and Boheme. The Goodfellow is similar in scent to the new RR Cumba Cheech (IMO, the Goodfellow is more pronounced) and the Boheme I perceive a Rose/floral scent in it predominantly, which is the 1st scent of the Rose/floral family (aside from Lilly of the Valley) I have ever tried. It was quite masculine and not feminine (IMHO)

Greg

What does this mean?

this post might help.

I am sorry that the "operational" description of the scents creates so much confusion. In reality the difficulty of describing scents is due to the way that the sense of smell works. Some of you, especially those that have some form of olfactory training and knowledge of essential oils would prefer that I list the oils in the scent, but that only helps those that have smelled the that particular blend before. I have had many requests to describe the smell of lavender, for instance; so long ago, we switched to something more operational but with some, like Calypso, I may have been a bit carried away. There is a enlarged description of the process here . If you frequent the basenotes directory of fragrances, you may have realized that the many very different scents contain very similar notes, this is the practical consequence of this. I do not know if this is good or bad but many perfume houses or even manufacturers of the best shaving products do not list the oils in their scents and people buy them without problems. :wink2:

There is a good thread with information about the scents. And just for the record, the best way to find out about any of my products is by asking me directly :001_rolle. As some have said, I am not so bad to deal with. You can use the contact form in our website of my Bomb posts on B&B. To answer the question about Calypso: YES! Calypso is a traditional bay rum scent, very similar to Royall Bay Rhum but stronger.

As for not being very active, I really had a very busy couple of months with some health problems, a minor surgery of my son and several job interviews. I am slowly getting back to normal though :blushing: Sorry for the inconvenience.

I hope that this post clears the air on the scent front but if there are more questions, please let me know.

Al raz.

Top Bottom