What's new

So I go to Costco, and they have a freebie....

A Gillette Fusion Proglide, free with purchase of shampoo.

The stuff is on my list anyway, so now I have a Proglide. Never had anything but a Fusion before.

Shall I use it? Or is it too evil to be trusted to mortal men?

I have a Fusion also ,just havent used it .It came in a gift pack I got for Christmas along with some goo,cooling balm,and thermal face scrub.Im saving it incase I ever want to take the 5 week Fusion challenge.:turned:
Heck,just keep it and use it.See if you can get as many shaves as Gillette claims

Last edited:
Wouldn't it make you feel like you were cheating on your good razors? "Slumming" so to speak? Just because we can do a thing, doesn't mean that we should.

What timing! I was just about to post something right along these lines. Last night, I had a tight schedule and had to shower at work before a night shift. Not wanting to bring all of my stuff, (although I now see the value in assembling a dopp kit), I grabbed the proglide from under the sink where it has languished since I started DE shaving. I went ahead and brought a brush and some cream in a tube. How was the shave? close and smooth, but completely without satisfaction. I hadn't realized really how much I enjoy shaving now, until I had to go back. It was a "scrape the face and get to work" exercise plain and simple. I don't miss the old way, even taking into account the occasional weeper or cut from my DE. The proglide when right back under the sink as soon as I got home.

Use it. See if you can get five weeks of shaves from one cartridge.

Seriously? They're claiming five weeks per cart?

Man, I'd been thinking about giving up one enjoyable shave to science, but almost forty? Egads!

IRRC, I got about a week or so per cart before the big switch.

This the 2nd time I hear someone getting something for free from a warehouse store. What is it today, let's give out free stuff day?

I generally get a free headache and complimentary ulcer from trying to navigate my local Costco.

What genius decided to have sample carts at all the choke points? I've heard brains actually falling out of the skulls of normally intelligent, considerate people, who then become sample seeking Zombies, oblivious to the mayhem the cart blockage is causing, the lust for a small paper cup with a sample of instant carnitas or yogurt rendering them blind and deaf to the suffering and anger of others.

I've often thought the little toothpicks in the samples should be larger, so outraged blocked shoppers could use them as stakes, and drive them through the hearts of the undead, slavering, lip-smacking, sample seeking cretins, before they can move on to aimlessly wandering around trying to find a trash can for the little paper cup....

But today it was a Free Proglide.

A free PubeGlide! Good for you :a14:

Yep...thats what mine gets used for. When I had to do the dreadful shave prior to my vasectomy i thought, 'hell that was easy, and not freightening at all.' Then I found that I kind of like it, and my intimate friends appreciate it too :w00t:

Top Bottom