What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

My M & F Emilion arrived today - it was shipped Saturday. I first contacted Lee a week before that - so 12 days total, start to finish. As fast as any U.S. order (I'm in Canada).

The knot is exactly as described - 24mm/50mm. Haven't tried it yet but the experience thus far has been second to none.

Attachments

• $003.JPG
    $003.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 361
  • $011.JPG
    $011.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 364
I just bought a QED Select that is the best lathering brush I own so far. But even the Select didn't do this on the very first test lather. This is 20 swirls with Gold Dachs - simply the best, first lather I've experienced:

Attachments

• $013.JPG
    $013.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 378
I just bought a QED Select that is the best lathering brush I own so far. But even the Select didn't do this on the very first test lather. This is 20 swirls with Gold Dachs - simply the best, first lather I've experienced:

attachment.php

Very nice!. Congrats on a top shelfer!

How is face feel vs other brushes that you have? It has been reported that the hair is similar to Rooney finest and is different than the original blonde. Tia, Bradley

The knot is 24mm/50mm. The handle is 58 mm long and 37mm diameter.

I've never tried a Rooney Finest but it sounds like it's very similar. The tips are not at all gel-like as per Rooney Heritage. There is a little scritch to it but it is very comfortable scritch; less than a Duke 1, which I found a bit uncomfortable - but still there. As a frame of reference, I found Thater to be completely scritchless and my Shavemac Finest to have just a touch more scritch than this one.

It's got superb backbone and is a bit less dense than a Heritage.

Last edited:
By the way - I am totally impressed with the Emilion handle. I face lather exclusively so I was concerned the handle might be too long; it isn't for me and it's very ergonomic (I have large hands). And if you bowl lather, I imagine this grip would be top-notch and the handle long enough so it won't disappear into your mug.

I asked Lee what was available in the size knot I wanted and he said there was a polo style handle available. What is a polo style handle?

Top Bottom