What's new

How would you finish this sentence?

"I would be perfectly happy with __________."

What do you consider to be your minimal inventory?

I would be perfectly happy with the Merkur HD, Feather blades, Proraso Soap, Proraso Pre E Dopo Barba and an Omega Professional boar brush. For an after shave, Aqua Velva Ice Blue. These are the things I use on a consistent basis, because they work well for me, and while I don't plan on selling off other razors, brushes, etc, I don't feel I would be missing out on anything by limiting myself to the above product choices. For me, this is a simplistic, perfect Dopp line-up.

Hmm..... I'll give it a go.

I would be perfectly happy with my Merkur Futur, Gillette #16, Gillette New, and Gillette Bostonian, my Gillette Swede blades, my Maestro Livi, Col. Conk Pearlex, Ern Crown and Sword, and old 1800s American straights, my Simpsons PJ3 (yes really, I could do with just one brush), my Coates Tea Tree cream, Penhaligons Blenheim cream, Mama Bear Tuscan Memories cream, Floris Santal cream and T&H Limes cream, my Tabac soap, Mama Bear Bay Rum soap, HBS Oakmoss soap, and QED Sandalwood soap, my Aqua Velva, my Mama Bear Summer aftershave, my Musgo Real splash, my Harris Arlington Splash, and my Harris Sandalwood splash.

Whew (deep breath). I think my list is a little longer....

-Mo

My Merkur Progress with Derby blades, Shavemac silvertip and some Taylor's Lavender. If I had to add, maybe Proraso Pre/Post and Taylor's Avocado.

My '55 SS, TREET Blues, Shavemac 429 finest, Musgo Real Lime Glyce, l'Occitane Cade soap, and Gentleman's Refinery ASB.

"I would be perfectly happy with __________."

What do you consider to be your minimal inventory?

...my 1925 Gillette "Big Fellow", "Frank" and "Nora" (my matched shaving bush and mug), TGQ Leatherneck shaving soap, Old Spice EDC, and Israeli Personna razor blades.

For me, I think the list would look something like this:

Merkur Vision
IP Blades
Merkur Brush
Nancy Boy Shave Cream
Thayer's Witch Hazel
AOS Lavender AS

... and, of course, the monogramed shaving towels which my mother-in-law made for me. :em2300:

"I would be perfectly happy with 10 million bucks."

ohhh shaving items. sorry:biggrin:

but with the cash you're set to get whatever you'd want, whenever you wanted it. Ok, I'll brain storm.

...Merkur Progress, American Persona blades, Savile Row 3118, Trumper Rose soap, Gillette Series After Shave Gel.

This set up is cheap, uber-effective and gives a fantastic shave.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Merkur 38C
Derby Blades
Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Truefitt & Hill Luxury Shaving Soap

Timely question....This is what I intend to use from now until I totally tire of it... occassionally mixing in some T&H 1805 Shaving Cream. After trying MANY different items I have arrived at these choices. I had come to this decision weeks ago and wanted to become more minimalist with some luxury items. The remainder of my shaving gear will soon be sold.

Feather Professional with Super Pro blades, 23c with feather blades, crema de barber shaving cream, musgo balm

I would be perfectly happy with a Savile Row 3226 brush, a Merkur Vision razor, Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap, Musgo Real Glycerin Lime Oil pre-shave soap, and some cheap witch hazel. I have not yet settled on or found my dream blades, but right now I lean to Feathers.

Of course, I would not really be perfectly happy as the above set up would not satisfy my SSAD. :redface:

Tim

1959 Fat Boy
Medium Rooney Silvertip
Tube of Proraso (red or green will do) or Musgo Real
Crystals (IP's)
alum block (any will do)
witch hazel (any will do)

Not really an "IF" for me - that's pretty much the reality. I know it's anathema around here... but I abhor after-shave... all of it. I've pretty much thrown all other shaving stuff in a box under the sink and use the above every other day. I just traded some Feathers and Treet Dura Sharps with another member for a bunch of IP's so I'm all stocked up for a while. I do still have quite a few odd blades left from samplers so I can mix the blade selection up from time to time - which I enjoy, but I'd be perfectly content with IP's every day.

My turn....Slant Bar, Sweds, TOBS Avacado, Proraso Pre-Post and bottle of Thayers.....And a Shavemac Finest with a 25mm knot...

I would not be perfectly happy with minimal shaving supplies. If I had to however, I would choose my Merkur Slant, Feather blades, Shavemac 22579 25mm Silvertip, KMF Cool Mint, MB Lime Oil Soap, and MB Lime Oil Winter ASB.

Top Bottom