What's new

Mail order Coffee

To all of the coffee experts on this board, what is a good online company from which to order whole-bean (roasted) coffee?

I know that several of you have your favorites so what's your suggestion for a Christmas present?

Thanks All!

Gevalia is very good with lots of options. I found the coffee to very consistent but a bit on the pricey. Coustomer service was also very good. It is a subscription though so it comes at regular intervals needed or not. Get a free coffee maker when you sign up.

Depends on cost constraints. Intelligentsia ships when they roast and their coffee is top notch. Coffeegeek.com uses intellegentsia black cat blend as a benchmark for testing coffee and espresso machines.

Less expensive but, IMO, not as tasty is Porto Rico.

Both are reliable about shipping.

I second Porto Rico. Although I dont have it delivered (my office is near one of their stores) I think they have great beans. I especially like their Indian Malabar.

Ristretto Roasters....The Ethiopia Sidamo and Mexican Chiapas are probably my favorites. The other offerings are very good as well. Give them a shot, you won't be disappointed. The proprietor is a good guy as well.

you can also give Texas Coffee Traders a try. They have a nice selection and very good prices.
http://www.texascoffeetraders.com

I buy all of my beans from them exclusively. What I have found is that a good roaster is a good roaster no matter where they are located. What I like about TCT is that they are not only a good roaster, but they are right down the road so I know the beans I get are only a day old when I receive them. VERY FRESH and TASTY!

M

modern man

Where is DJ?

Probably too busy getting beans ready to be sent out online. :001_tt2:

Ristretto Roasters....The Ethiopia Sidamo and Mexican Chiapas are probably my favorites. The other offerings are very good as well. Give them a shot, you won't be disappointed. The proprietor is a good guy as well.

+2 and the owner is a well shave'n gentleman, as well as a great roaster,I am sipping some Sidamo right now!

I hear about/see ads for Boca Java all the time. Anyone ever tried it?

My son tried it and likes it, but again, a little on the pricey side.

Rich

“Work and play are words used to describe the same thing under differing conditions.” – Mark Twain

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the suggestions. Having some personal recommendations really helps narrow the choices down.

Top Bottom