What's new

A warning to people thinking about spending time on this site

Here are the before B&B and after B&B of photos that will give you some understanding of what happens to newbies like me who get enticed into the honey trap. And a lovely brand of honey it is too. I am also aware that my modest collection is exactly that; modest. (Think of this as a spitting contest, and I'll be the one with dribble on my shoes.) But don't say you haven't been given fair warning.

Cheers

Jeremy

My collection also has started out very modestly. I just starting to purchase razors, creams, soaps and other "stuff" I hope I can afford this new obsession. How long have you fellas been collecting?

OMG Jeremy I burst out laughing! I feel your pain or is it bliss? Lately, I've had 3 ADs going at once. No really I thought I was done. At least that's what I told my wife. Honestly I believed it when I said it. :frown:

John

You know the really sad part. I looked at your "after photo" and started seeing things I didn't have and thinking, "Oh, I probably need to try that."

This, of course, is ignoring the current collection in my bathroom that will take me 3-4 years to get through.

Having come to this realization, I hereby vow not to buy any new shaving products for 1 month . . . well 1 week . . . . maybe 1 day . . . excuse me I have some online shopping to do

Chris

Wow..... if you only saw what I had - you'd wet your pants. :scared:

Joel, like I said, if this is a spitting (pissing) contest, I'm not a contender... but would love to see your display; I need something to aspire to.

Cheers

Jeremy

Well I was trying not to register on a 'shaving' forum, but oh well. I can't believe at age 35 I spent several hours here yesterday reading about shaving and supplies, I never would have thought I'd be doing that, and further more never would have thought there would be an active forum about it.
Last Wednesday was my first time with a real brush and cream. (tweezerman brush and Proraso cream) It was much nicer then the Aveeno I was using. I am not yet ready to lose the convenience of a cartridge razor, I'll leave a DE on my xmas list for DW. When I was a kid, my father had an Old Spice brush and cartridge shaving cream gizmo. The cream cartridge fit inside the brush. It was a large plastic case, had a synthetic brush, and you had to turn a knob on the bottom to dispense cream onto the top of the brush, much like chap-stick, it was not very good. That was my first and only other use of a brush. Now probably 22 years later, the badger brush and good cream, are much more pleasant to use.

The opening image at the top of this thread, was just to funny. I'm sitting there now with a brush and Proraso green w/ pre/post, and I can see myself in the second picture in a year or so. I would definitely not put myself into the "I can't wait to shave and pamper myself" crowd, but so far I am in the "hey this does not suck as much as it used to" following.

Welcome Coastie, it is an amazing site. I too had no idea that this was out here, but it's great! Enjoy!
Susie

For a newbie as well, your collection makes me look like a newbie. I showed my wife because she has been hounding me about my stuff I have. It made her feel alittle better, but she still thinks I have too much. However, it does make me feel like I need to catch up with ya.

Jeremy, I like your collection. You may not have as much as some, but you are off to a great "start". (And surely addicted!)
Susie

Make sure you keep your stash organized and out of sight(off the counters). That is my key to making sure I don't get hounded about my SCAD and SSAD.

Well I was trying not to register on a 'shaving' forum, but oh well. I can't believe at age 35 I spent several hours here yesterday reading about shaving and supplies, I never would have thought I'd be doing that, and further more never would have thought there would be an active forum about it.[SNIP] but so far I am in the "hey this does not suck as much as it used to" following.

Welcome to the B&B!

Too true everyone.

Thankfully, although it would just be easier, the Mods haven't put a guy at the sign in desk saying "Just hand over all your cash now" as part of the registration process. :biggrin:

When I was a kid, my father had an Old Spice brush and cartridge shaving cream gizmo. The cream cartridge fit inside the brush. It was a large plastic case, had a synthetic brush, and you had to turn a knob on the bottom to dispense cream onto the top of the brush, much like chap-stick, it was not very good.

OMG I remember those.. they had a little tiny tube or something that went up into the brush from the handle.. and out came the "foam" or whatever it was. I *think* someone got one of those for my dad as a present, because I remember playing with it... but, I think it ended up in the garbage because, at a certain point, it just wasn't there anymore.... :wink:

It never even occured to me up until a few weeks ago to have more than one type of shaving cream or soap.. or aftershave or... it was always, use it up, then buy something new.. I guess this is what happens when you can't wait 2 months to buy "something new" LOL.

-Mason

Top Bottom