What's new

What aftershave is most manly smelling

I like aftershaves. Some people say you dont need it some say you do and I just like it cause it burns so good and leaves me smelling good. I only have tried Superior 70, I have an extra bottle that Im gonna throw in a PIF that Im making. I know it isnt the classiest or most expensive stuff but it gets the job done. Im going to start expanding my search for the manliest smelling aftershave so what is the best. What do you use and whats your review?

Old Spice and Pinaud Clubman top my list. Two classic aftershaves that leave you smelling clean and masculine.

Ok great lets see what else we have out there I have a bottle of old spice and I think that the Superior 70 smells better IMHO

Tabac and musgo real.

But all depends on what you mean by manly. The amber floids are pretty manly but some people whink they small like old woman...

Old Spice and Pinaud Clubman top my list. Two classic aftershaves that leave you smelling clean and masculine.

+1

Start with the classics: add Skin Bracer, and Aqua Velva Ice Blue to the list. Brut as well.

If you are looking for a slightly more modern flair take Aqua Velva Ice Sport, and Barbasol Pacific Rush (available at Dollar General) for a spin; they both have the modern aquatic theme that was started by Cool Water, and Aqua Di Gio.

Im thinking about ordering TOBS 74 hair lotion and I saw that they also had a TOBS 74 aftershave is anyone familiar with that?? what about any of the other smells?

I think that scents like Old Spice and Clubman are certainly classic, as are many other established scents... but a definition of "manly" is a rather elusive thing. Some would suggest that the smell of a man who hasn't showered in a week would be the ultimate in manly. Personally, I would take exception with that definition.

This reminds me of a certain scene in the classic Canadian comedy movie - "Porky's" - where a female gym teacher gets very vocally turned on by the ripe aroma of a hamper of unwashed mens athletic supporters.... Sounds grim, but was hysterically funny...

Aqua Velva or Brut. I love AV and can't stand Brut, but they both scream manly when I smell them.
In regards to Superior 70, I love the stuff. It's not something I use every day, but when i want something that is clean, simple, and effective I grab the Superior 70.

Im a little after shave nutty myself 4711 tops list , dominica with lime( more sour and lime than superior) barely edges out. superior 70, tabac , florida water (sort of a clove smell ) . superior with menthol . My next aftershave IM ordering will be spieck as I love the smell on the shave cream . keeping fingers crossed that it will smell like its shave cream . All the ones I listed are fairly good bargins . The 4711 can be purchased from some bed , bath and beyond in a large very nice looking bottle . Having said that amazon link here http://www.amazon.com/Cologne-Muelh...EP2M/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1311152922&sr=8-7 for $5.99 shipped to let you try a 3.4 oz sample of the stuff

The Moss Wood scent from Booster is solid. My Jewish fiancee from Long Island likes it and thinks it's manly, so high praise there.

Or if you want a REAL manly-scent, go go buy a chainsaw, chop down a small tree, and rub fresh sawdust and chain grease into your face. That's about as manly as it gets.

i have yet to smell Piaud (im ashamed) but it seems to be popular. i think manly smelling smells are tobacco, leather, cedar stuff like that. Wish there was a way to smell all of these aftershaves you all are naming I cant wait till they make smell o vision lol

depends on what "manly" you are talking about.. a lot of the scents mentioned i think of as old grandpas of a different generation- pre baby boomer to old baby boomer, that are manly but off-putting to me. they don't smell like i would imagine a lumberjack would wear nor a contemporary white collar professional.

i am a generation X BTW if that helps.. the only time a woman has accused me of smelling feminine is with 4711 & DRH Arlington.

Top Bottom