What's new

The Anything Thread

Someone has to say this.... compared to other Blake Tales (tm), this one was not a best seller. :sad:

:tongue_sm

I know. :sad: If I could have went into details it would have been more interesting. For example, my best friend making me leave because it looks bad having a dude on the couch while her husband was away and another guy's first trip to a.....NM, this is a respectable forum. :lol:

I find lately I can't drink alcohol at all. Gives me a nasty headache for some reason.

That, my dear, is called a hangover. :tongue:

Maybe he's out pants shopping.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, that'll happen.

Slim-fit chance there.

Wait... Blake in skinny jeans. Oh dear... and I think the chaps were the worst it could. :eek:

Okay, Sunday was a busy day for me. I got off work and went home. My Ex-wife and I texted for a bit and she finally, after a month of me trying, allowed me to come over and get some more of my things. It was looking like things were going to get unpleasant and the legal system was going to have to be involved but she is starting to cooperate.

There was another thing too. She had decided I needed to take our cat. He was really mine anyway but I knew she needed him while she was going through this so I did not make any issue of it. However, she has some new furniture she is worried about and has friends from the congregation coming over to support her and they are allergic to cats. Plus, she is preparing the house to sell. So, she felt it was best if I took him.

It was hard on her and I am sad for her but I am excited to have my buddy with me. He has adjusted well thus far. He has never shared a home with other animals so it will take time.

After getting him home, I did some stuff here. Then a friend asked me to go out for a beer. We had dinner and a beer. On my way home, my best friend texted wanting to know what I was doing. Two of my officers were wanting me to go out with them anyhow, so I went and got her and we met up with them. I got her home at 0330, I think. But I had not slept in two days and I ended up passing out on her couch. Sad since I was the sober one. She woke me up when she woke up and I came home. I was home for a short while and then fell asleep and slept until about time to go to work. This is why I was absent. It was a fun day! :thumbup1:

Hey! You got the kid! :thumbup1:

Sorry, about to go to work so I abbreviated it. :blush:

Work? What's that? :confused:

I will tell a story, but it is a sad one. :sad:

These are the baby eagles I have been watching on a Web Cam since they were eggs in the nest. Today when I logged in this is what I read. "A plane landing at Norfolk International Airport struck and killed an eagle Tuesday morning, and it has been confirmed that it was one of the very popular eagles from the Norfolk Botanical Garden."

It was the momma eagle. :crying:

View attachment 159790
proxy.php
proxy.php

Very Sad. I have had several opportunities to see American Bald Eagles in the wild and they are truly majestic birds.

That, my dear, is called a hangover. :tongue:

Ha ha. Ha ha. Ha ha.

No.

I'm talking one drink, and the next morning I have a migraine. Uncool. Sometimes if we have something good I'll risk it, as it's not EVERY time. Just often enough that I don't even think about it if I have a hint of a headache.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Thanks! :thumbup1:

Well I never wanted to see pantsless chaps to begin with, but we know how that went. :glare:

Oh well.

We never get baked good. So what makes you think you'll get yourself a hat? :001_rolle

Haven't noticed Ray. At least I hope you're the good kind of busy.

Thank you, sir. :thumbup1:

It's easier to ship, that's why.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Sorry, about to go to work so I abbreviated it. :blush:

Someone has to say this.... compared to other Blake Tales (tm), this one was not a best seller. :sad:

:tongue_sm

I know. :sad: If I could have went into details it would have been more interesting. For example, my best friend making me leave because it looks bad having a dude on the couch while her husband was away and another guy's first trip to a.....NM, this is a respectable forum. :lol:

Okay, my story was sad, but for a Blake story, yours was really sad. :glare:

Maybe you should have borrowed Ronald from the hospital. :tongue_sm

OldSaw

The wife's investment
This is obviously a plot from nemesis to destroy the people's trust in me. :batman:

I love plantains.

Okay, Sunday was a busy day for me. I got off work and went home. My Ex-wife and I texted for a bit and she finally, after a month of me trying, allowed me to come over and get some more of my things. It was looking like things were going to get unpleasant and the legal system was going to have to be involved but she is starting to cooperate.

There was another thing too. She had decided I needed to take our cat. He was really mine anyway but I knew she needed him while she was going through this so I did not make any issue of it. However, she has some new furniture she is worried about and has friends from the congregation coming over to support her and they are allergic to cats. Plus, she is preparing the house to sell. So, she felt it was best if I took him.

It was hard on her and I am sad for her but I am excited to have my buddy with me. He has adjusted well thus far. He has never shared a home with other animals so it will take time.

After getting him home, I did some stuff here. Then a friend asked me to go out for a beer. We had dinner and a beer. On my way home, my best friend texted wanting to know what I was doing. Two of my officers were wanting me to go out with them anyhow, so I went and got her and we met up with them. I got her home at 0330, I think. But I had not slept in two days and I ended up passing out on her couch. Sad since I was the sober one. She woke me up when she woke up and I came home. I was home for a short while and then fell asleep and slept until about time to go to work. This is why I was absent. It was a fun day! :thumbup1:

All that and no firearms? Wow!

OldSaw

The wife's investment

These are the baby eagles I have been watching on a Web Cam since they were eggs in the nest. Today when I logged in this is what I read. "A plane landing at Norfolk International Airport struck and killed an eagle Tuesday morning, and it has been confirmed that it was one of the very popular eagles from the Norfolk Botanical Garden."

That's very sad. My dad is watching them too.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
While trying to catch up, I had to take calls from two of the kids and the missus, which knocks out my internet connection during the phone calls. Now that I am back, it looks like everyone else is gone. Oh well, I have to get to bed soon anyway.

Ha ha. Ha ha. Ha ha.

No.

I'm talking one drink, and the next morning I have a migraine. Uncool. Sometimes if we have something good I'll risk it, as it's not EVERY time. Just often enough that I don't even think about it if I have a hint of a headache.

Hmm, are you sure it isn't a specific type of alcohol that's triggering it? I believe specific compounds in drinks such as red wine and beer can trigger headaches in some individuals.

It's easier to ship, that's why.

Excellent point. :lol:

She could still ship us bread though. :glare:

That's because there were no firearms or near death experiences.

Well I don't know about a complete lack of near-death experiences. After all, he was dealing with the Ex. :tongue_sm

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hmm, are you sure it isn't a specific type of alcohol that's triggering it? I believe specific compounds in drinks such as red wine and beer can trigger headaches in some individuals.

Well I don't know about a complete lack of near-death experiences. After all, he was dealing with the Ex. :tongue_sm

Yeah, I hear that wood alcohol is some pretty nasty stuff. Causes blindness in small quantities, like a table spoon and death in larger quantities. But who would be serving her wood alcohol? Hmmm... is there a beer tap or wine spigot attached to the side of that wardrobe?

She can keep the pitas tho. They're a bit greenish already. :sad:

...I find lately I can't drink alcohol at all. Gives me a nasty headache for some reason.
On 9/11, I had to drive with 3 co-workers from Chicago to Houston since the airports were shut down. We stopped for a late dinner at a small bar along the way, as it was the only place still open, and the bartender told us in a conversation that she had stopped drinking because she "got tired of waking up every morning with a hangover". None of us said anything, but wondered later why someone has to drink enough every night to have a hangover the next morning. :huh:

Of course, I'm not saying that about you, Crafty. :001_rolle

Maybe he's out pants shopping.
If Blake is shopping for pants, he must be buying a gift for a friend. :001_cool:
...I love plantains.

I love the way your story goes from loving plantains to passing out on your friend's couch. And don't worry, no matter what everyone else says, all your stories don't have to be about guns and girls and near-death experiences. Only the good ones. :001_rolle

View attachment 159790
proxy.php
proxy.php

That is sad! Eagles are amazing birds!

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
........That is sad! Eagles are amazing birds!

Eaglets Update:

13NEWS / WVEC.com
Posted on April 26, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Updated today at 1:30 PM

With a crowd of people watching, the father of three eaglets born at Norfolk Botanical Garden returned to the nest at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, nearly 10 hours after their mother died in a collision with a plane landing at Norfolk International.
He was busy feeding the youngsters again Wednesday morning, bringing a fish to the nest about 6:40 a.m :thumbup:
proxy.php

NORFOLK -- The three eaglets which lost their mother Tuesday in a collision with a plane are out of the nest at Norfolk Botanical Garden and will soon be at their new home at the Wildlife Center of Virginia.
The process to remove the three eaglets began at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday and was concluded within an hour.
They'll be sent to the Waynesboro facility, which is home to Buddy, another Botanical Garden eagle that contracted Avian Pox.
DGIF spokesman Stephen Living told WVEC.com,"Without intervention, it is all but certain that one or more of these eaglets would not survive the next three months. Pulling the birds and sending them to the Wildlife Center gives them their best chance. The birds are already old enough to know that they are eagles and to recognize their siblings. Maintaining them as a family unit and releasing them together when they are ready to go will certainly improve their survival potential.”
While the male may be able to meet the needs of the chicks in the near term, the amount of food they will require as they grow will increase exponentially, likely exceeding the hunting capacity of even the most capable provider, officials said............

View attachment 159863 View attachment 159864edit:The male eagle just came back with a fish to find the nest empty. He just stood there looking around for a loooooooong time. :crying:

WILDLIFE CENTER OF VIRGINIA EAGLET CARE PLAN:
They will be placed in an artificial nest that has been constructed in the Center’s 200-foot eagle flight cage. Other adult Bald Eagle patients may also be in this enclosure. While the chicks will be separated by a physical barrier from direct contact with other eagles, the eaglets will be able to see other eagles flying and feeding. As they begin to fledge, the barrier will be removed and the young eagles will have full access to the long enclosure, to build their wing strength and to learn to fly. The goal would be to get the young eagles ready for release back into the wild in late summer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom