proxy.php

:w00t::w00t:Amazing!!! Simply Amazing :thumbup::thumbup:

Razor: GEM Bullet-tip
Blade: Ted Pella (must be shave 6 or 7)
Brush: Rooney Finest 3/1
Soap: Cella
AS: La Toja ASL

Terrific shave! :thumbup:

Round #2: Honing Experiment (Series 1 - Coticule Polish/Finish)

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 22mm New Forest Silvertip Badger
Razor: 5/8" Geneva Cutlery, Full Hollow, Round Point (from Rene)
Honing Regimen: See link HERE for details. (1) Shapton Pro 1k/2k/5k/12k, and (2) La Grosse Blanche Coticule (polish/finish - dilucot method)
Strop: 0 laps (Neil Miller linen/Premium IV leather)
Überlather: TABAC Shave Creme + TABAC Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Blue
Results: No picture today (same setup as last Friday's, except changed soap to TABAC). Based on discussion in the other thread, I decided to redo the experiment of Friday (Link HERE). The reason is that a jump from 1k to the Coticule may be stretching honing to its limits and folks thought (and I agree) that the edge needs a bit more intermediate refining before going to the Coticule. So, took the blade through the full range of Shapton pros (1-12k) and then polished and finished the edge on the LGB Coticule. The edge sharpness dropped from a 9.0 to an 8.5, but smoothness increase quite dramatically (from a 6.0 to an 8.5). As for the shave, it was irritation free and BBS all the way. Next shave is on Wednesday...giving skin a break between experiments.

Have a FANTASTIC Monday gentlemen
proxy.php

Monday morning,

Merkur 15C Open-Comb w/ Crystal Blade (3)
Rooney 1/2 "Super" Silvertip Brush,
Arko shave soap w/ hot water lather,
Cold water rinse, finish w/ Thayers
Original Witch Hazel! :thumbup1:

Wowww...by the time I woke up and saw this thread, there's already 4 pages of posts. Too many to comment on individually, but allow me to say this:

***** FANTASTIC SHAVES GENTLEMEN :thumbup:. YOU GUYS ROCK :thumbup1:****

Monday

Edwin Jagger DE86 with Derby
Simpson Commodore X2 Best
Queen Charlotte Soap: Sandalwood
jojoba oil

Here's to a good week!:thumbup:

Too many fantastic photo's today to quote them all. Great shots everyone! :thumbup1:

6/8 W&B Celebrated // QCS Lavender // Duke 3 // SCS Mediterranean Citrus

proxy.php

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Too many fantastic photo's today to quote them all. Great shots everyone! :thumbup1:

6/8 W&B Celebrated // QCS Lavender // Duke 3 // SCS Mediterranean Citrus

proxy.php

Fantastic shot, Joe! :thumbup1: And the Duke 3 Best... :001_wub: If I should have only one brush, the D3 would certainly be it! :wink2:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Round #2: Honing Experiment (Series 1 - Coticule Polish/Finish)

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 22mm New Forest Silvertip Badger
Razor: 5/8" Geneva Cutlery, Full Hollow, Round Point (from Rene)
Honing Regimen: See link HERE for details. (1) Shapton Pro 1k/2k/5k/12k, and (2) La Grosse Blanche Coticule (polish/finish - dilucot method)
Strop: 0 laps (Neil Miller linen/Premium IV leather)
Überlather: TABAC Shave Creme + TABAC Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Blue
Results: No picture today (same setup as last Friday's, except changed soap to TABAC). Based on discussion in the other thread, I decided to redo the experiment of Friday (Link HERE). The reason is that a jump from 1k to the Coticule may be stretching honing to its limits and folks thought (and I agree) that the edge needs a bit more intermediate refining before going to the Coticule. So, took the blade through the full range of Shapton pros (1-12k) and then polished and finished the edge on the LGB Coticule. The edge sharpness dropped from a 9.0 to an 8.5, but smoothness increase quite dramatically (from a 6.0 to an 8.5). As for the shave, it was irritation free and BBS all the way. Next shave is on Wednesday...giving skin a break between experiments.

Have a FANTASTIC Monday gentlemen
proxy.php

Amazing Robert! Simply amazing! :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom