What's new

British Gillette Rocket Aluminum One

I have found a really good condition one on Ebay so I have stuck a cheeky bid in:laugh:Anybody got one of these?

Last edited:
I have the HD500 variant with the aluminum handle.
It's not the LD, it has the same head as the HD, but with an aluminum handle. I don't know if anyone has one around here.
They don't seem to common.

The seller says its the Light duty one but the head looks like a HD one.

Sellers identify the right razor about 20% of the time. For some reason they think they can call a superspeed a fatboy, or that its the same thing. They are usually clueless

Sellers identify the right razor about 20% of the time. For some reason they think they can call a superspeed a fatboy, or that its the same thing. They are usually clueless

So you're saying that 80% of razors are are wrongly identified? If that were the case, ebay would be a goldmine for collectors. But it isn't, it's just somewhere you can get the occasional great deal. Market forces usually balance everything else out.

There are several variations of aluminum Rockets. I have one HD style Rocket with aluminum outer handle, and the rest is brass, including the TTO, one that the handle and TTO are aluminum, with a brass head, and one 40s style Rocket that is entirely aluminum. I know there is also a gold HD that is aluminum, but I don't have one. Any other variations I am forgetting?

So you're saying that 80% of razors are are wrongly identified? If that were the case, ebay would be a goldmine for collectors. But it isn't, it's just somewhere you can get the occasional great deal. Market forces usually balance everything else out.

Its because people who buy them know what they are. For example, the president that sold for $166 that was termed a "Butterfly Model." The seller can call it whatever they want, if it shows up in a search, buyers will bid

There are several variations of aluminum Rockets. I have one HD style Rocket with aluminum outer handle, and the rest is brass, including the TTO, one that the handle and TTO are aluminum, with a brass head, and one 40s style Rocket that is entirely aluminum. I know there is also a gold HD that is aluminum, but I don't have one. Any other variations I am forgetting?

I have these and one of the gold anodized all-aluminum ones, too.

I LOVE the TTO aluminum razors - the HDs (and the aluminum #66 and #58 - are there more? Achim? Guido?) - for some reason I invariably get great shaves with them

For what it's worth I got an alum' junior aristocrat off ebay, just last week. Shaves like a dream. And rockets are usually easily re-sold if they don't do it for you.

I have found a really good condition one on Ebay so I have stuck a cheeky bid in:laugh:Anybody got one of these?

I have a case for this razor, I think(?). It's plastic, red bottom with a clear top. It's Canadian, but says razor made in UK. Says ROCKET really big on top.

The bad news: It's been altered. I bought a slim adjustable from someone, and for some reason they thought it would be ok to cut some of the plastic out of the case and act like this was actually a slim adjustable case. Silly, SILLY vendors.

The good news: If you, or anyone else, wants this case, PM me. I'll PIF or trade or something.

Rock on!

I have a case for this razor, I think(?). It's plastic, red bottom with a clear top. It's Canadian, but says razor made in UK. Says ROCKET really big on top.QUOTE]

the cases for the hd rockets were clear on top; blue on the bottom. the case you are describing is for the canadian super speed style rocket (razor made in england).

I bought a set that has an Aristocrat Junior case and a razor that looks like a normal Rocket, but is all aluminum. Does your aluminum Aristocrat Junior have the baseplate that the brass one has, or does it have the standard Rocket baseplate?

Jrs come in both varieties don't they (solid, flat baseplate and the... other one. [what do you call that? molded? press-fit? I'm blanking big-time....])?

Top Bottom