What's new

Before and After Cleaning thread

Did you turn that Bostonian from gold to silver? Can't quite tell in the pics.

It looks nice, I am going to have to pick one of those up one of these days.

Did you turn that Bostonian from gold to silver? Can't quite tell in the pics.

It looks nice, I am going to have to pick one of those up one of these days.

Nope it is a silver one. Inside of the case (the liner) was just destroyed. Razor was just dirty and dusty

I just got this Gillette single ring in with a lot of razors off ebay. The case is in good condition except for the fact that it is missing part of the snap to close it. The razor is in excellent condition except that I want to polish it and make it shine once again. When I started looking at it and found out that is was made in 1908 I got really excited. The razor still had a blade in it which we all hate for safety reasons. But in this case it answered a question for me. The old 3 hole Gillette blade had numbers on it dating to 1921, which leads me to believe the it was shortly after that the razor was put away and never used again until 09/25/10. I did not even bother to polish it up I just soaked it in Barbicide and shaved with it. I have always wanted to shave with a razor that was over a Century old. The shave that I got was good. It still surprises me that a razor designed over 100 years ago does such a good job.
View attachment 125864
View attachment 125865
I used some Maas polish and shined the old razor up. The razor no longer looks its age.
View attachment 125866
View attachment 125867

This came in the mail today....
proxy.php
proxy.php

Thinking about a replate for this one...

Thank you. After that cleaning, it looked like someone scraped certain areas. I found a lot of scratches, but it came out nice

Just rescued this little beauty.
From Waits' Compendium: "MEYERKORT - Mfr. Unidentified. Germany. Gillette type, Comb Guard, two piece handle."

Cheers,
Marc

proxy.php

Top Bottom