What's new

Hat time

I have a thing for hats, not ball caps but real mens hats. I have several: Biltmore Straw two-tone
Dobbs Felt
Leone Cappelli Straw
Broner packable

Is anybody else here a Hat guy?

Steve- Just what do you do for a living- saw the hats- very nice- but they range up to 25K:eek:

very nice- but they range up to 25K:eek:

True, but they start at $450 and they last a lifetime. The four- and five- figure hats have exceptionally high straw-counts, but even the three-figure hats are beautiful and finely woven compared to just about everything except a true Panama. There's more discussion here.

I have more hats than I can wear! It must be HAD. Several tweed flat caps, a tweed trilby type thing, a couple of leather hats, one a folding Aussie job and the other a really nice African one, a pair of bowlers I wear when playing for my morris team, a selection of Akubras and a genuine panama. Oh, and I picked up a black pork pie the other day.

I have to say that my favourite is the Akubra Federation, a really nice 30's style fedora. Lovely hat.

Gareth

I have one I paid 5 Cuban Convertible Pesos (~ $6 USD) for on a beach in Santa Lucia on the north coast of Cuba. I can post pictures to make you guys jealous if you wish!!!:sneaky2:

2 hats from optimo.com Graham makes wonderful hats, and has a a huge humidor at his shop. I have 1 ultrafino panama and one black fedora.

Having only baseball caps- and some very nice rabbit felt- how do you keep a straw hat clean? and based on the colour- how do you maintain it clean as well... living here in the summer - a good straw hat would be light and probably more practical for me.

I have only two hats (many caps, but only 2 hats), both Resistols - one 10x Silver Trail and one 20x Black Gold.

Real men don't wear straw hats ;)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I can't believe Mark hasn't chimed in. He's the hat guy, as far as I know.

A have quite a few hats:a black Jaxon collapsable fedora, a straw fedora, a pair of Kangol Ivy caps black and navy, a cheap black straw fedora from Target, and a few more ivy/driver's caps in light blue, blue/orange plaid, and khaki. I buy my hats from Village Hat Shop most of the time.

full

full

full

I HAVE ABOUT 7 THAT I WEAR REGULARLY,,,,THESE ARE THE ONES THAT I HAVE PICS OF....

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a hat, try to get to Hatman Jack's in Wichita, KS. He sells a ton of brands and makes his own. He's made hats for The Quick and the Dead, Johnny Cash, Charlie Daniels, etc. etc...

Top Bottom